    navilus Guest

    For some reason my E mail has stopped coming in. It says it cannot connect
    to my pop server. Why now all of a sudden. Bin doing it for years???

    navilus, Jun 22, 2003

  2. navilus

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Y1bJa.13$>, navilus
    <> wrote:

    > For some reason my E mail has stopped coming in. It says it cannot connect
    > to my pop server. Why now all of a sudden. Bin doing it for years???

    Well, if you haven't changed anything, and your ISP didn't tell of an
    upcoming change, then their system is down.

    Of couse, since you are using OE, you have to assume that any of a
    hundred viruses might have changed something. You're extremely
    vulnerable.

    Mitch, Jun 22, 2003

  3. navilus

    Kráftéé Guest

    > navilus wrote:
    >>
    >> For some reason my E mail has stopped coming in. It says it cannot
    >> connect to my pop server. Why now all of a sudden. Bin doing it for
    >> years???

    > Give it some time. Chances are your ISP already knows of the

    problem,
    > or
    > is upgrading, and it will be working again in a few hours or half a
    > day. Computers do break, you know.

    For all other ISP's maybe but they are using NTL & there are people
    reporting loss of email service for over a month now. If NTL's
    handling of this problem is the same as that of the newsgroups then
    the best suggestion is to get yourself another mail server if not
    another ISP (news groups have been anything from flakey to non working
    for well over 14 months now with no improvement in the pipeline, in
    fact the official line appears to be that it's 'free' service so why
    are you complaining)

    To the original poster, put the timeout up on the account, it normally
    works ok for me (as long as your patient).

    --
    B-)

    Here I go again.....

    Kráftéé, Jun 22, 2003