    Company Name

    MCSA LOGO - CCNA LOGO

    Thanks in advance.
    Preacher Man, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Preacher Man

    CBIC Guest

    Preacher Man wrote:
    > I am needing some assistance in how to properly layout an e-mail
    > signature. I have four certs so far (not all Microsoft) and I need
    > some suggestions on how layout the signature. Should I use / or ,
    > between certs and that sort of thing. Here is what I have come up
    > with, please advise if it is proper or not (Microsoft's guidelines
    > not too much help on this).
    > My Name
    > MCP/MCSA/CCNA/CompTIA A+
    > Information Systems Mgr
    > Company Name
    >
    > MCSA LOGO - CCNA LOGO
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I would say you don't need the MCP because you have the MCSA. I would go
    further and not put the alphabet soup behind my name at all. My 2 cents.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Preacher Man

    Preacher Man Guest

    Thanks for your 2 cents. I will take this into consideration. What about
    having a CompTia logo? Do you think that would be a good thing to put on
    there or just leave the MCSA & CCNA logos? Thanks again for your input.

    Preacher Man, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Preacher Man

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Preacher Man expostulated for all
    the world to hear;

    > I am needing some assistance in how to properly layout an e-mail
    > signature. I have four certs so far (not all Microsoft) and I need
    > some suggestions on how layout the signature. Should I use / or ,
    > between certs and that sort of thing. Here is what I have come up
    > with, please advise if it is proper or not (Microsoft's guidelines not
    > too much help on this).
    >
    > My Name
    > MCP/MCSA/CCNA/CompTIA A+
    > Information Systems Mgr
    > Company Name
    >
    > MCSA LOGO - CCNA LOGO
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I don't use the alphabet in professional e-mails. Just title & Co. Name.
    Logos dont work, as most IT pros want e-mail in plain text. It doesn't
    really do much other than look pretentious.

    If I felt the need it impress someone, it would just be the top level
    certs, ie; MCSA, CCNA. Listing A+ or MCP is kinda like putting your
    elementary school on your resume.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Preacher Man

    Guest Guest

    "Preacher Man" <nospam> wrote in message news:%...
    >I am needing some assistance in how to properly layout an e-mail signature.

    Questions of this nature will probably only serve to generate diverse opinions and make it difficult to arrive at a conclusion with regards to 'what is better'.

    Like any form of 'art', how you present information is always highly subjective. Is it too much information? Is it not enough information? Is it better to omit the information? Does it need an apostrophe?

    IMHO, for today at least, the / character and the left positioning tend to blend things together with whatever the text of your message might be.

    When I am serious with regards to how I want to appear, and I desire to appear professional, I do this:

    Rob Lindman
    websites | databases | graphics
    http://www.roblindman.com/

    This allows people to see what I'm all about, and to get more information if they are genuinely interested in these professional services.

    In the event I opt to pursue certifications to strengthen my professional position, I might do this:

    Rob Lindman
    websites | databases | graphics
    for training, experience, certifications, and more, please visit
    http://www.roblindman.com/

    Generally, I am only serious if I believe my existance is in immediate jeopardy.

    I only care about appearing professional if I believe there is a genuine opportunity for me to do a job, do it right, and get the hell out of the way so I can enjoy the rewards.

    Rob Lindman
    websites | databases | graphics
    for free software products and animated characters, visit
    http://www.roblindman.com/
    you cheap sunofabeech
    Guest, Jun 6, 2005
  6. Preacher Man

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >MCP is kinda like putting your
    >elementary school on your resume.

    but... elementary school is all I have!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jun 7, 2005
  7. Preacher Man

    T.H E. Smith Guest

    Not sure about the MCP but for the MCSE title most definitely. The MCSE
    title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering, one should be
    proud to achieve such a title.

    T.H.E Smith

    T.H E. Smith, Jun 7, 2005
  8. Preacher Man

    CBIC Guest

    Preacher Man wrote:
    > Thanks for your 2 cents. I will take this into consideration. What
    > about having a CompTia logo? Do you think that would be a good thing
    > to put on there or just leave the MCSA & CCNA logos? Thanks again
    > for your input.

    I would leave off the comptia logo because I feel HR drones don't even know
    what that is. They are programmed to look for MS or Cisco.
    CBIC, Jun 7, 2005
  9. Preacher Man

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The MCSE
    >title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering, one should be
    >proud to achieve such a title.

    ROTFLMAO!!!

    You do have a sense of humor after all!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jun 7, 2005
  10. Preacher Man

    Ogre Guest

    T.H E. Smith wrote:
    > Not sure about the MCP but for the MCSE title most definitely. The MCSE
    > title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering, one should be
    > proud to achieve such a title.

    .-'"'-.
    / `. ,' \
    | ,' `. |
    | ___ |
    \ ( . ) /
    '-.:.-'
    .:.
    :::
    :::
    ::.
    '::
    '
    Ogre, Jun 7, 2005
  11. Preacher Man

    Preacher Man Guest

    I am having some issues with the modesty of the titling as well. I don't
    want to come across as a braggart. I appreciate all of these thoughts and
    welcome more if anyone wants to comment.

    Preacher Man, Jun 7, 2005
  12. Preacher Man

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T.H E. Smith expostulated for all the
    world to hear;

    > . The MCSE
    > title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering,

    HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha mmmpphhh *cough*

    Mmmmppphhh.

    *cough cough*

    Mmmmpphh.

    BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 7, 2005
  13. Preacher Man

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> . The MCSE
    >> title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering,

    >HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha mmmpphhh *cough*
    >
    >Mmmmppphhh.
    >
    >*cough cough*
    >
    >Mmmmpphh.
    >
    >BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha

    do you require a new keyboard?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jun 7, 2005
  14. Preacher Man

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere expostulated for all the
    world to hear;

    >>> . The MCSE
    >>> title is highly respected in the field of systems engineering,

    >>HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha mmmpphhh *cough*
    >>
    >>Mmmmppphhh.
    >>
    >>*cough cough*
    >>
    >>Mmmmpphh.
    >>
    >>BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha

    > do you require a new keyboard?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Thankfully, no. My old Model 'M' cleans up quite nicely if I toss it in the
    dishwasher.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 7, 2005
  15. Preacher Man

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Thankfully, no. My old Model 'M' cleans up quite nicely if I toss it in the
    >dishwasher.

    Really? I learn something new everyday!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jun 7, 2005
  16. "Kline Sphere" wrote:

    > >Thankfully, no. My old Model 'M' cleans up quite nicely if I toss it in the
    > >dishwasher.

    > Really? I learn something new everyday!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    I find that if the dishwasher does not work... I remove the keys and pour
    Coca Cola on it. Let it soak for about 2 hours. Then replace the keys.
    Works similar to cleaning the car's battery posts.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Jun 7, 2005
  17. Preacher Man

    Robert Moir Guest

    Preacher Man wrote:
    > Thanks for your 2 cents. I will take this into consideration. What
    > about having a CompTia logo? Do you think that would be a good thing
    > to put on there or just leave the MCSA & CCNA logos? Thanks again
    > for your input.

    Logos? In an email? If you send me HTML in email you better be a marketing
    or sales person because I'm going to assume anyone technical would know
    better than to email me a webpage.

    HTML email just to embed a logo will piss off those who feel the same as me,
    while doing very little for you with anyone else.
    Robert Moir, Jun 8, 2005
  18. Robert Moir wrote:
    > Logos? In an email? If you send me HTML in email you better be a marketing
    > or sales person because I'm going to assume anyone technical would know
    > better than to email me a webpage.
    >
    > HTML email just to embed a logo will piss off those who feel the same as me,
    > while doing very little for you with anyone else.

    Seconded. Not to mention the differences between between email clients
    causing weird effects like extremely small fonts (seems to be an issue
    when an HTML email from someone using Lotus Notes is rendered in Outlook
    and possibly other clients too, I haven't checked).

    Are we heading for the days when we'll have to check that our emails
    render properly in each popular mail client before we send it? Will we
    all start putting little logos on the sigs ("This email is best viewed
    using MS Outlook 2002 or later")? I don't think so. Ditch HTML if you
    want to be taken seriously by any techs worth their salt.

    --
    Chris M.
    Mr Roflcopter, Jun 8, 2005
  19. Preacher Man

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:42a73d6c$0$5038$,
    Mr Roflcopter <> rambled:

    > Seconded. Not to mention the differences between between email clients
    > causing weird effects like extremely small fonts (seems to be an issue
    > when an HTML email from someone using Lotus Notes is rendered in
    > Outlook and possibly other clients too, I haven't checked).
    >
    > Are we heading for the days when we'll have to check that our emails
    > render properly in each popular mail client before we send it? Will we
    > all start putting little logos on the sigs ("This email is best viewed
    > using MS Outlook 2002 or later")? I don't think so. Ditch HTML if you
    > want to be taken seriously by any techs worth their salt.

    I don't get it.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com