    I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program Mozilla’s
    Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this program and also
    is it better than Outlook express or the same. Thanks Tommy
    Tommy, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Tommy wrote:

    > I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program
    > Mozilla¢s Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this
    > program and also is it better than Outlook express or the same.

    I have been using Thunderbird since version 0.2 and have never had any
    kind of problem. I currently have thirteen email addresses set up from
    five different mail servers.

    Forget about Outhouse Distress.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Tommy wrote:
    > I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program Mozilla’s
    > Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this program and also
    > is it better than Outlook express or the same. Thanks Tommy

    It's better than OE, but that's about all.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2007
  4. Tommy

    Ace Hung Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    > I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program Mozilla’s
    > Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this program and also
    > is it better than Outlook express or the same. Thanks Tommy

    Go ahead, download Thunderbird version 2 from www.mozilla.com. This
    version can straight away do gmail. TB also got spam filter. I use TB
    for for about 3 years now- very good.

    -hung-
    Ace Hung, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Tommy

    Plato Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    > I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program Mozilla’s
    > Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this program and also
    > is it better than Outlook express or the same. Thanks Tommy

    Thunderbird is really nice, and seems to always work. I use it to access
    via POP my gmail account for free.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Tommy

    Hoselover Guest

    It sucks because the filter doesn't automatically filter the Spam! You have
    to train each and every message, very time consuming. Windows Mail in Vista
    is much better.

    Thunderjunk is only a wannabe!

    Hoselover, Jun 14, 2007
  7. Hoselover wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote:
    >> Tommy wrote:
    >>> I would like to know the pro and cons about the E-mail program
    >>> Mozilla's Thunderbird email ? Have there been problems with this
    >>> program and also is it better than Outlook express or the same.

    >> It's better than OE, but that's about all.

    > It sucks because the filter doesn't automatically filter the Spam!
    > You have to train each and every message, very time consuming.
    > Windows Mail in Vista is much better.

    Not true. You may have to train it for a couple of days, but right from
    the get-go, it is quite intelligent. Does Windows Mail even *have* a
    junk mail filter? OE never did.

    I've been using Thunderbird since version 0.2 and in my experience, it
    misses about one in fifty spams.

    > Thunderjunk is only a wannabe!

    At least it discourages top-posting...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 14, 2007
  8. Tommy <> wrote in

    > I would like to know the pro and cons about the
    > E-mail program Mozilla’s Thunderbird email ? Have
    > there been problems with this program and also
    > is it better than Outlook express or the same.
    > Thanks Tommy

    Well, Tommy, the "pro" is all the good stuff,
    and the "cons" is all the bad stuff - and that's
    all you really need to know besides the URL for
    Googizzle's wealth of wisdum and knowledge:

    www.google.com

    "thunderbird review details discussion comparison"

    --

    Stock tip: Corn-dog Flavored Popcicles

    http://www.misternicehands.com/

    (Click on either hand...)
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 14, 2007
  9. Tommy

    Hoselover Guest

    It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a pure
    copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients, NOT Thunder
    GARBAGE!!

    I just said it had a filter, can you read??

    Hoselover, Jun 14, 2007
  10. Hoselover wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >> Hoselover wrote:
    >>> [Thunderbird]
    >>> It sucks because the filter doesn't automatically filter the Spam!
    >>> You have to train each and every message, very time consuming.
    >>> Windows Mail in Vista is much better.

    >> Not true. You may have to train it for a couple of days, but right
    >> from the get-go, it is quite intelligent. Does Windows Mail even
    >> *have* a junk mail filter? OE never did.
    >>
    >> I've been using Thunderbird since version 0.2 and in my experience,
    >> it misses about one in fifty spams.
    >>
    >>> Thunderjunk is only a wannabe!

    > It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a
    > pure copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,

    <LOL> You don't really think Outhouse Distress was the first email
    program, do you? Eudora, for example, appeared at least seven or eight
    years prior to OE.

    > NOT Thunder GARBAGE!!
    >
    > I just said it had a filter, can you read??

    Yes. You said, "Windows Mail in Vista is much better" but you didn't say
    it has a filter. A bit of research notes that Windows Mail (an upgrade
    of OE) now does contain Bayesian junk-mail filtering, just as
    Thunderbird has for years.

    I did find this bit of news abhoring:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mail
    "Unlike Outlook Express, Windows Mail does not allow users to switch
    Identities or manage multiple identities within one running instance of
    the program. Instead, identities are now tied to the user account and to
    create additional users or identities, a new user account has to be
    created."

    With Thunderbird, you can have as many identities as you wish.

    >> At least it discourages top-posting...

    ...which you apparently haven't figured out how to stop doing.

    You are so full of shite. Go love your hose some more instead of playing
    on Usenet.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 14, 2007
  11. Tommy

    Gordon Guest

    "Hoselover" <> wrote in message

    > Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,

    Ummm NO - I think you'll find NETSCAPE had an email client before MS stole
    it.....
    Gordon, Jun 14, 2007
  12. Tommy

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-14, Gordon <> wrote:
    > "Hoselover" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,

    > Ummm NO - I think you'll find NETSCAPE had an email client before MS stole
    > it.....

    I think you'll find there were 'mail' and 'chat' programs long before there
    was a Microsoft or a Netscape or even an internet. At least as early as
    the 1960s. <http://www.livinginternet.com/e/ei.htm>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 14, 2007
  13. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2007-06-14, Gordon <> wrote:
    >> "Hoselover" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,

    >> Ummm NO - I think you'll find NETSCAPE had an email client before MS stole
    >> it.....

    > I think you'll find there were 'mail' and 'chat' programs long before there
    > was a Microsoft or a Netscape or even an internet. At least as early as
    > the 1960s. <http://www.livinginternet.com/e/ei.htm>.

    This guy's living in a world of Microsoft hype, not the real one. He's
    not on any list of candidates to "get it". :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2007
  14. Tommy

    john sumner Guest

    "Hoselover" <> wrote in

    > It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a
    > pure copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients, NOT
    > Thunder GARBAGE!!
    >
    > I just said it had a filter, can you read??

    Are you being paid off by bill gates.
    john sumner, Jun 15, 2007
  15. john sumner wrote:

    > "Hoselover" <> wrote in
    >> It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a
    >> pure copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,
    >> NOT Thunder GARBAGE!!
    >>
    >> I just said it had a filter, can you read??

    > Are you being paid off by bill gates.

    Probably not. Even Bill has *some* scruples!

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 15, 2007
  16. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > john sumner wrote:
    >
    >> "Hoselover" <> wrote in
    >>> It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a
    >>> pure copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients,
    >>> NOT Thunder GARBAGE!!
    >>>
    >>> I just said it had a filter, can you read??

    >> Are you being paid off by bill gates.

    > Probably not. Even Bill has *some* scruples!

    He seems to have checked them at the womb when he was born.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2007
  17. On 2007-06-14, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Hoselover spewed nonsense:
    > It is idiots like you that love Thunder GARBAGE! Its nothing but a pure
    > copycat thing, Microsoft is the originator of e-mail clients, NOT Thunder
    > GARBAGE!!

    snip

    And Al Gore invented the Internet.....

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    "I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 15, 2007
  18. Tommy

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-15, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2007-06-14, Gordon <> wrote:
    >>> "Hoselover" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ummm NO - I think you'll find NETSCAPE had an email client before MS stole
    >>> it.....

    >> I think you'll find there were 'mail' and 'chat' programs long before there
    >> was a Microsoft or a Netscape or even an internet. At least as early as
    >> the 1960s. <http://www.livinginternet.com/e/ei.htm>.

    > This guy's living in a world of Microsoft hype, not the real one. He's
    > not on any list of candidates to "get it". :)

    But others might stumble upon his misinformation, so I thought I'd offer
    an alternative history that accords with my own world view :))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 15, 2007