    e-mail access to their subscribers for some reason.

    This is the pits. Does anyone know what's happening with RR and why?

    Thanks.

    NonSuch, Nov 27, 2003

  2. NonSuch

    °Mike° Guest

    Contact Earthlink and ask them.

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:43:28 GMT, in
    <k6vxb.16986$>
    NonSuch scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 28, 2003

  3. NonSuch

    NonSuch Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Contact Earthlink and ask them.
    >

    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:43:28 GMT, in
    > <k6vxb.16986$>
    > NonSuch scrawled:
    >
    > >Just starting today, when I try to send an e-mail to a friend who has
    > >RoadRunner as her ISP, my e-mail bounces back with a refusal message and

    the
    > >code 550.5.7.1, which apparently means they're blocking EarthLink from
    > >e-mail access to their subscribers for some reason.
    > >
    > >This is the pits. Does anyone know what's happening with RR and why?
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I e-mailed both RR and EarthLink this morning. I am waiting for a reply
    from either/both. I just thought that perhaps, in the meantime, someone
    might have some input.

    I have also checked the forums at dslreports.com and it appears that I'm not
    the only one having this problem. People who are with ISPs other than
    EarthLink are also having their e-mails bounced by RR with the same message
    code.

    Thanks.

    NonSuch, Nov 28, 2003
  4. This has been going on for some time, they don't like domestic IP's.
    I have found that even if the person knows you and tries to safe list you
    the RR server ignores it!!

    Geoff Collins, Nov 28, 2003
  5. NonSuch

    NonSuch Guest

    "Geoff Collins" <> wrote in message
    > This has been going on for some time, they don't like domestic IP's.
    > I have found that even if the person knows you and tries to safe list you
    > the RR server ignores it!!
    >

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > Contact Earthlink and ask them.
    > >

    > > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:43:28 GMT, in
    > > <k6vxb.16986$>
    > > NonSuch scrawled:
    > >
    > > >Just starting today, when I try to send an e-mail to a friend who has
    > > >RoadRunner as her ISP, my e-mail bounces back with a refusal message

    and
    > the
    > > >code 550.5.7.1, which apparently means they're blocking EarthLink from
    > > >e-mail access to their subscribers for some reason.
    > > >
    > > >This is the pits. Does anyone know what's happening with RR and why?
    > > >
    > > >Thanks.
    > > >

    > > --
    > > Basic computer maintenance

    Thanks Geoff.

    Well, I don't know why Roadrunner has this `tude going on, but it makes me
    very certain that I'll never make the mistake of doing business with them.

    NonSuch, Nov 28, 2003
  6. NonSuch

    Liz Guest

    "NonSuch" wrote:
    > Just starting today, when I try to send an e-mail to a friend who has
    > RoadRunner as her ISP, my e-mail bounces back with a refusal message and the
    > code 550.5.7.1, which apparently means they're blocking EarthLink from
    > e-mail access to their subscribers for some reason.
    >
    > This is the pits. Does anyone know what's happening with RR and why?

    Have a look here.
    http://security.rr.com/mail_blocks.htm#security

    Liz, Nov 30, 2003