    www.ozemail.com.au/~halrae/VRA_Home.htm
    Stay Upright and Ride Safe
    Yahoo Messenger - scooter_n_beanz
    halrae, May 30, 2004

  2. halrae

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004

  3. halrae

    halrae Guest

    G'day LJ
    Thanks for that was not aware you could do that, however I was more looking
    for the whole file of messages, I tried that but it did not work.
    regards
    Halrae

    --
    "Scooter"
    V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E

    halrae, May 30, 2004
  4. halrae

    Thor Guest

    if you look around the various shareware and freeware sites, and google
    search, there are free email backup tools to be found. And if you want to do
    it manually, just locate the Outlook Express store folder (you can locate it
    by going to "tools/options/maintenence/" and clicking on the "store folder"
    button, and it will show you the path/location. Then open windows explorer,
    and locate the folder, and copy it to the backup media of your choice. You
    may need to set your folder view to unhide hidden and system files first.
    Example:

    in WinXP the path is usually

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{761674CE-C33B-4A1A-8173-89CD516342C6}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express

    "username" is typically your Windows XP account username

    The long string of numbers/letters in the path is called the "GUID" will be
    *unique to your system*. The one above is just an example.

    Back up the "outlook express" folder at the end of that pathname.

    In Win9x, the path is usually

    C:\windows\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

    Thor, May 30, 2004
  5. halrae

    Thor Guest

    oh, and to add to my last reply, the files aren't likely going to fit on a
    floppy, unless you use some kind of archive program like ZIP, or RAR to span
    multiple floppy disks. It would be easier of you burned the files onto CD,
    or zip disk, etc.

    Thor, May 30, 2004
  6. halrae

    halrae Guest