    frank moon Guest

    when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what should
    i do
    frank moon, Dec 5, 2004

  2. frank moon

    DC Guest

    DC, Dec 5, 2004

  3. frank moon

    Old Gringo Guest

    frank moon wrote:
    > when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what should
    > i do

    Call all of your friends that you normally will be emailing and tell
    them you posted your email address on the news group so you can
    receive spam email. Then tell them you will not be emailing them as
    you don't have a clue as to how it's done. Then check the
    configuration of your email client as mistakes are easily made.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Dec 5, 2004
  4. frank moon

    Mike Easter Guest

    frank moon wrote:

    > when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what
    > should i do

    Sometimes it is fun to guess at what the question is and sometimes it
    isn't.

    If what you mean is that if you configure your news account in OE by
    supplying a bogus address in your From such as frank@invalid which has a
    username + @ + a single 'field' without a dot for the domainname instead
    of something like lid making a correct domainname
    syntax-- then it is possible to get an alert from OE based on the server
    not liking that address syntax

    Server Response: '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header not in Internet
    Syntax.)'

    If that /were/ the question, then the answer would be to create a From
    with the correct syntax, such as the example I gave.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 5, 2004
  5. frank moon

    trout Guest

    frank moon wrote:

    > when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what
    > should i do

    Hey, why not? I'll guess, too. Maybe it's *how* you're writing it.
    Sometimes people will cut and paste an address, and not notice that
    there's a 'space' at the end or beginning of what they've pasted.
    Or maybe the place that's asking for your address just happens to
    not 'recognize' an address that uses numerals, like the one you have,
    here. Not likely, but....
    --
    "Not much to go on."
    trout, Dec 6, 2004