    XP Home, Broadcom card.
    Thanks,
    Bill W
    Bill Wolcott, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Bill Wolcott wrote:
    > I've a M2352 (laptop) that the wireless connect speed dropped to 1.0 Mbps
    > from 11.0,
    > and it will not connect to the internet. Wireless signal strength
    > still good. Any thoughts on where to troubleshoot?
    > XP Home, Broadcom card.
    > Thanks,
    > Bill W

    A lot of possible variables, could be inteference (got any new cordless
    phones, microwaves, etc?). Try changing to a different channel. Assuming
    you are connecting to a wireless router, can you ping the router?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Bill Wolcott

    Bill Wolcott Guest

    Thanks, Roger, but no luck there. I can ping the base unit, changing
    channels didn't help either. Don't think it's interference as it worked fine
    for the last 3 months and my other laptop still connects. I had some other
    problems with the machine and reloaded XP, after that it worked fine for
    several hours then just quit.
    Bill W

    Bill Wolcott, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Sorry it wasn't any help. One frequent problem with XP and wireless is
    the Zero Configuration networking built into XP. Have you tried turning
    that off? More reading: http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,63705,00.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Bill Wolcott

    Bill Wolcott Guest

    Thanks for the link, Roger, I'll give it a try. I'm wondering if mayhaps
    it's a hardware problem. I tried re-loading XP again, but no better after.
    Bill W

    Bill Wolcott, Nov 22, 2004