    files stored on a CD, I need a program that can read these files as posted
    on Usenet groups.

    Thanks Ray D.

    Ray Donzdorf, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Ray Donzdorf

    samuel Guest

    "Ray Donzdorf" <> wrote in
    news:rWiIg.10828$:

    > I recently found a few interesting looking articles, books,
    > magazines, etc in binaries.e-books groups. Have no idea what
    > program to use to read these files. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    what file extension are these e books ?

    samuel, Aug 27, 2006

  3. Ray Donzdorf

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Aug 27, 2006
  4. Ray Donzdorf

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ray Donzdorf wrote:
    > I recently found a few interesting looking articles, books,
    > magazines, etc in binaries.e-books groups. Have no idea what program
    > to use to read these files. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > As far as http://www.digitale-bibliothek.de that program only works
    > from files stored on a CD, I need a program that can read these files
    > as posted on Usenet groups.

    You need to learn some things about binary newsgroup downloading in
    general, including the limitations of your newsreader OE and
    yEnc/decoding, rar files, combining and decoding, decompressing, and
    filetypes.

    Even if you aren't working with erotica, the website and faq for
    alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica at http://abmefaq.net/ Frequently Asked
    Questions for alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica,
    alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica.d,
    alt.binaries.nospam.multimedia.erotica

    is a valuable resource.

    Another useful resource is Slyck's newsgroup section
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php Slyck's Guide to The Newsgroups

    You won't find much help for using OE in those sites, because the
    assumption is that you would be using a newsreader more appropriate for
    handling yEncoding, since OE doesn't do de-yEnc natively. If you are
    planning on struggling along with OE, you should get the free or pay
    yProxy at http://www.yproxy.com/ yProxy - yEnc for Outlook Express or
    any newsreader.

    Then once you've conquered the de-yEnc with combining and decoding and
    the de-rar/ing or other decompression, you will be able to determine the
    ebook format filetype and you can go from there.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 27, 2006