    said card error. Looked in there, and there's a bent pin. Is this
    something that requires me to send it back to Olympus, or should I take it
    apart myself?

    Turbo1010, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Turbo1010

    Rich Guest

    You could go to a medical equipment supplier
    and get a pair of long nosed forcepts and try to straighten it
    yourself, you have nothing to lose at
    this point. If you don't want to try that, it has to
    card storage an ignore it, might be cheaper than
    getting it fixed.

    Rich, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Turbo1010

    RK Guest

    There is no xD storage on the 300. I bent a pin in my 5060, which Oly
    fixed under warranty, and have subsequently put arrows on all my cards
    to remind me of how to insert them.

    RK, Apr 16, 2006
  4. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > You could go to a medical equipment supplier
    > and get a pair of long nosed forcepts and try to straighten it
    > yourself, you have nothing to lose at
    > this point. If you don't want to try that, it has to
    > card storage an ignore it, might be cheaper than
    > getting it fixed.

    Forceps might be a little large for to get at one CF pin.
    I'd try a long, narrow tube which would slip further and further over the
    pin as I straightened it.
    Only problem is that I cannot readily suggest a source for such a tube.

    Regards, Ian.

    Fred Anonymous, Apr 17, 2006
  5. Turbo1010

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <e1ujgq$3bk$1$>,
    "Fred Anonymous" <> wrote:

    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > You could go to a medical equipment supplier
    > > and get a pair of long nosed forcepts and try to straighten it
    > > yourself, you have nothing to lose at
    > > this point. If you don't want to try that, it has to
    > > card storage an ignore it, might be cheaper than
    > > getting it fixed.
    > >

    > Forceps might be a little large for to get at one CF pin.
    > I'd try a long, narrow tube which would slip further and further over the
    > pin as I straightened it.
    > Only problem is that I cannot readily suggest a source for such a tube.

    Try a hobby shop that caters to the RC airplane crowd. They'll probably
    have brass and aluminum tubing in all sorts of microscopic sizes. Another
    possibility (although perhaps hard to come by) would be a hypodermic needle.

    Roy Smith, Apr 17, 2006

    Fred Anonymous, Apr 17, 2006
  7. "Fred Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > "Turbo1010" <> wrote in message
    > > I think one of the pins on my E-300 got bent. I put in a new card, and

    it
    > > said card error. Looked in there, and there's a bent pin. Is this
    > > something that requires me to send it back to Olympus, or should I take

    it
    > > apart myself?
    > >

    > Forceps might be a little large for to get at one CF pin.
    > I'd try a long, narrow tube which would slip further and further over the
    > pin as I straightened it.
    > Only problem is that I cannot readily suggest a source for such a tube.
    >
    > Regards, Ian.

    Sorry for the duplicate posting - problems at my ISP.

    Ian.

    Fred Anonymous, Apr 17, 2006
  8. Turbo1010

    Turbo1010 Guest

    "Turbo1010" <> wrote in message
    >I think one of the pins on my E-300 got bent. I put in a new card, and it
    >said card error. Looked in there, and there's a bent pin. Is this
    >something that requires me to send it back to Olympus, or should I take it
    >apart myself?

    Talked to Olympus, $243 dollars, out of warranty, bought in Dec 2004. This
    sux for a stupid mistake.

    Turbo1010, Apr 18, 2006
  9. Turbo1010

    Bill Frank Guest

    "Turbo1010" <> wrote in message

    > "Turbo1010" <> wrote in message
    >>I think one of the pins on my E-300 got bent. I put in a new card, and it
    >>said card error. Looked in there, and there's a bent pin. Is this
    >>something that requires me to send it back to Olympus, or should I take it
    >>apart myself?
    >>

    > Talked to Olympus, $243 dollars, out of warranty, bought in Dec 2004.
    > This sux for a stupid mistake.

    Do try to straighten the pin. The power and ground pins stick out farther
    than the data pins, so if it is a power or ground pin and you break it off,
    the camera will still work since the power and ground pins are redundant.
    GND pins are 1 & 50. Vcc pins are 13 & 38.

    Bill Frank
    CompactFlash Association

    Bill Frank, Apr 19, 2006