    ----------------------( )---( )-----------------------
    \ ( ) /
    \_) (_/

    Remien, Carsten, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Look for a program called DynSite

    Ta

    AJ

    "Remien, Carsten" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Hi,

    how can a cisco router update his IP address automatically on a DynDNS
    service (each time, he gets a new WAN IP address)?
    Is there a script available?

    Bye

    Carsten Remien

    --

    \|/
    (o o)

    Fatman Superstar, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Hi,

    "Fatman Superstar" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eiv7d.1163$...
    | Look for a program called DynSite

    thanks, but this is a programm for windows e.g.
    On dyndns.org are a lot of clients for Windows, Linux and so on.

    But I mean a script, for a cisco router.
    Maybe the router could regristered it self on a dyndns service.

    Bintec´s router have this feature in there own software.
    I heared about a TCL script, but I don´t know the syntax to configure this.
    Maybe someone in this NG could help me.

    Remien, Carsten, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Remien, Carsten

    Mirko Kulpa Guest

    Remien, Carsten wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > "Fatman Superstar" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eiv7d.1163$...
    > | Look for a program called DynSite
    >

    > thanks, but this is a programm for windows e.g.
    > On dyndns.org are a lot of clients for Windows, Linux and so on.
    >
    > But I mean a script, for a cisco router.
    > Maybe the router could regristered it self on a dyndns service.

    There is no support for dyndns from cisco. You must run a script on the
    box behind the router.

    Mirko
    --
    http://www.nwlab.net - Das Netzwerkportal

    Mirko Kulpa, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Mirko Kulpa wrote
    > There is no support for dyndns from cisco. You must run a script on the
    > box behind the router.

    Not correct, the 830's now support dyndns.

    -Anders

    Anders Lagerqvist, Oct 2, 2004
  6. Anders Lagerqvist, Oct 2, 2004
  7. Remien, Carsten

    Mirko Kulpa Guest

    Anders Lagerqvist wrote:
    > Mirko Kulpa wrote
    >
    >> There is no support for dyndns from cisco. You must run a script on
    >> the box behind the router.

    > Not correct, the 830's now support dyndns.
    >
    > -Anders

    Yes, with IOS 12.3(8)YA the Cisco 831, 836, 837, SOHO 91, SOHO 96 and
    SOHO 97 supports dnyDNS.
    That was new for me.

    Mirko
    --