    and to the cost accordingly...

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Igor Mamuzic

    ttt Guest

    Igor Mamuzic wrote:
    > this is maybe a little bit off topic, but anyway, is your experience with
    > DynDNS services positive or negative? I'm in doubt what to offer to one of
    > my SMB customers since he uses dynamic public ip address that changes every
    > 24 h, but he needs to access his work site from home with VPN. Is dynDNS
    > enough reliable solution or should I consider obtaining static ip address
    > (this will add to the cost) or even providing this VPN service trough my
    > infrastructure with VRF-lite or DMVPN which will add to the deployment time
    > and to the cost accordingly...
    >
    > B.R.
    > Igor

    Hi Igor

    I have positive experience with "no-ip.com" dynamic DNS service. It work
    fine for more than a yer with several instaltions

    I suppose you are from Croatia

    M.

    ttt, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Igor Mamuzic

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    Yes I'm from Croatia... Well, thanks for your valuable response...I just
    wanted to know how ddns is reliable service in real environments...

    B.R.

    Igor Mamuzic, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Igor Mamuzic

    DigitalVinyl Guest

    "Igor Mamuzic" <> wrote:

    >Yes I'm from Croatia... Well, thanks for your valuable response...I just
    >wanted to know how ddns is reliable service in real environments...

    I tried to use Dynu.com using the windows client and it almost *NEVER*
    automatically updated. Whenever my DSL changed address my ddns name
    stopped working till I manually changed it on their website. I've
    since switched to dyndns.org and it has been working reliably.
    dyndns.org is built into Linksys & Netgear routers (at models I've
    used).

    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

    DigitalVinyl, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Igor Mamuzic

    Config T Guest

    I have been using them for years with no problem at all.

    Tony

    Config T, Nov 23, 2005