Dynamite F30 !!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tiresia2@hotmail.it, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 25, 2006

  2. Kinon O'cann Guest

    Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    purple fringing, and a few other things that make it a must miss for me.

    Kinon O'cann, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Guest

    Kinon O'cann ha scritto:

    > Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    > purple fringing,

    Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    Understand??
    ciao....

    , Jul 25, 2006
  4. Bigma Guest

    <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
    >
    > And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
    > or Fuji with stabilization...
    > eheheh
    > this is a new era...;-)

    «
    a.. High contrast tone curve loses highlight & shadow detail - cannot be
    changed in-camera
    a.. Exposure inconsistencies (generally overexposure) using default settings
    a.. Purple fringing »

    No need further reading.
    Usual compact shit.

    You may launch the dynamite, no regrets.

    Bigma, Jul 25, 2006
  5. SMS Guest

    wrote:
    > Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
    >
    >> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    >> purple fringing,

    > Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    > Understand??
    > ciao....

    It doesn't work that way. You need to consider all aspects of a design,
    not just the CCD. When you forget to do this, you end up with a camera
    that lacks critical functionality, as the F30 demonstrates.

    The DP Review conclusion is right on the money, it's the best low light
    compact camera on the market, due to its low noise at hight ISO. But
    it's not the best camera for outdoor shooting in bright light.

    What you want to do when figuring out what camera to buy is to first
    look at all the "cons" then decide if those are something you can deal
    with. If you always shoot in low light, the the drawbacks of the F30 may
    not matter to you, but to many people the F30 cannot even be considered.

    SMS, Jul 25, 2006
  6. J. Clarke Guest

    wrote:

    > Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
    >
    >> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    >> purple fringing,

    > Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    > Understand??

    If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
    Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
    CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
    can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!
    Understand??

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Jul 25, 2006
  7. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
    >
    > And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
    > or Fuji with stabilization...
    > eheheh
    > this is a new era...;-)

    YES.

    Just light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance, leave the Camera
    with the dynamite.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 26, 2006
  8. Guest

    TROLL

    Roy G wrote:
    > <tir

    Did I see a posting last week, thanking the heavens that a certain
    Troll
    seemed to have vanished up his own arsehole??

    Talk about tempting fate.

    , Jul 26, 2006
  9. Kinon O'cann Guest

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
    >>
    >>> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has
    >>> some
    >>> purple fringing,

    >> Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    >> Understand??

    > If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
    > Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
    > CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
    > can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!

    They have: the new S6000. It uses that CCD with a nice manual zoom and
    decend body, but it's hamstrung by those damned stupid xD memory cards that
    cost more and are limited to 1G. Fuji is really blowing it by not using
    either CF or SD cards.

    Kinon O'cann, Jul 26, 2006
  10. Kinon O'cann Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
    >
    >> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    >> purple fringing,

    > Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    > Understand??

    It takes sucky pictures in daylight. Understand? Yes, the CCD is nice, but
    overall, it isn't that nice a cam. There's lots better choices on the market
    for less money. You have to look at the total package, and when a cam loses
    highlights and shadow detail, it's worthless, at least to me.

    Kinon O'cann, Jul 26, 2006
  11. Olivier Guest

    avait écrit le 25.07.2006 :
    > Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
    >
    > And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
    > or Fuji with stabilization...
    > eheheh
    > this is a new era...;-)

    I just received mine today !

    I am not a good photograph, but I tooked some nice night pictures that
    was really great for me, comparing to my "old" Nikon argentic camera.

    And it is so small than it feet well in the pocket.

    Will see more in next days

    Best regards,

    Olivier

    Olivier, Jul 26, 2006
  12. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Well, since you don't walk around carrying a CCD chip to take photos, you
    carry a camera you statement is just lame. Understand? It is the whole
    package and not just one part of the package. That is like buying a BMW
    because you like the emblem.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jul 26, 2006
  13. Guest

    wrote:
    > Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
    >
    > And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
    > or Fuji with stabilization...
    > eheheh
    > this is a new era...;-)

    INDEED!

    Its THE best Compact ATM

    Watch out though, the do_gooders here @ re.digital go all feral if you
    mention that!
    :
    Excellent resolution
    Class-leading high ISO performance; superb results up to ISO 400
    Surprisingly good ISO 800 performance
    Very low shutter lag
    Class-leading battery life
    Clean, sharp results
    Superb build and handling
    Good flash performance
    Decent movie mode
    Fast, reliable focus
    AF illuminator
    Large clear screen
    More manual control and additional scene modes make it a more versatile
    tool than the F10

    , Jul 26, 2006
  14. Daryl Bryant Guest

    Re: TROLL

    <> wrote in message

    > Roy G wrote:
    > > <tir

    > Did I see a posting last week, thanking the heavens that a certain
    > Troll
    > seemed to have vanished up his own arsehole??

    LOL - Talk about anal!!

    It's called sarcasm - is a bit funny don't you think?

    Daryl Bryant, Jul 26, 2006
  15. Roy G Guest

    Re: TROLL

    Isn't that sweet.

    I seem to have got myself a new little pet, which is following me everywhere
    I go.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 26, 2006
  16. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "" <> wrote in message

    > wrote:
    >> Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
    >>
    >> And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
    >> or Fuji with stabilization...
    >> eheheh
    >> this is a new era...;-)

    It is. When a camera that can't capture highlight and shadow detail in
    daylight is "highly recommended," we've really hit new lows when it comes to
    photo quality. Sorry, but this is a sucky little cam.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jul 26, 2006
  17. newcamz.blogspot.com, Jul 26, 2006
  18. Bill Tuthill Guest

    J. Clarke <> wrote:

    > If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
    > Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
    > CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
    > can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!

    Except for purple fringing, which might be a lens problem, this looks like
    quite a good lens, judging by the Dpreview.com review: zero pincushion
    distortion at the long end, hardly any barrel distortion at the short end,
    and excellent edge to edge sharpness.

    Overexposure in bright conditions, and lack of optical viewfinder, would be
    the main issues for me. Some reviewers complain about lack of easy access
    to WB settings, but I can't judge white balance until post-processing anyway.

    Bill Tuthill, Jul 26, 2006
  19. Bill Tuthill Guest

    Kinon O'Cann <> wrote:

    > It is. When a camera that can't capture highlight and shadow detail in
    > daylight is "highly recommended," we've really hit new lows when it comes to
    > photo quality. Sorry, but this is a sucky little cam.

    What pocketable digicams do you recommend that can readily capture
    highlight detail, without a lot of exposure compensation and so forth?

    Shadow detail is quite easy to recover during postprocessing
    in most digicam images I see. But not many (non-DSLR) digicams
    produce good highlight detail. So I await your answer.

    Bill Tuthill, Jul 26, 2006
  20. SMS Guest

    J. Clarke wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
    >>
    >>> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
    >>> purple fringing,

    >> Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
    >> Understand??

    > If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
    > Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
    > CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
    > can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!
    > Understand??

    Yeah, why can't Fuji team up with someone like Panasonic and use the CCD
    that's in the F30, with an FZ30? In the FZ30 you've got close to the
    "perfect" camera, except that the sensor is too noisy, and in the F30
    you've got a good sensor surrounded by a defeatured body.

    SMS, Jul 27, 2006