Dynamically added TreeNode Control not render my custom attribute

Discussion in 'Software' started by venkyzealous, May 10, 2008.

1. venkyzealous

venkyzealous

1) I am creating a ASP.NET web application where i need to create nodes to a treeview control dynamically(I am using tree view control of .NET 2.0). I also want an attribute called "path" to which i assign some value so that i can obtain its value on client side. That path is used by me to make an asynchronous call to the obtained path and read the response.

For this i created a custom TreeNode and overriden the RenderPreText event and manually added the path attibute with its value. I obtain this value for the first time. Now when i click on child nodes, i lose this custom attribute at client side. How to make it render each time the page is requested?

2) I want to intercept the client side events of tree view like onexpand, onclick, etc. But this version of tree view doesnt provide that. one that comes with 1.1version has these events. But i dont want to use them.

Is there some that you can suggest me?:)
    venkyzealous, May 10, 2008
    1. Advertising