Dynamic Security Systems Engineer Opportunity!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by hrit24@gmail.com, May 11, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative Interactive Marketing &
    Technology Company?

    Advertising.com is the most innovative company in online advertising,
    with pioneering technologies and strategies that have made us one of
    most successful dots in the dot.com world. We conduct strategic
    marketing campaigns that guarantee results for our clients. And for
    employees, we offer a one-of-a-kind place to advance your career.
    We’re the best in our business because we attract the best people. So
    we hope you'll take a minute to see what the dot is all about.

    In this role, the Network and Security engineer will be responsible for
    understanding maintaining and providing overall support of the network
    and security device implementations for our production and development
    installations.

    Duties and Responsibilities:

    ➢ Assist Network and Security engineers in day-to-day maintenance
    operations and troubleshooting efforts. These include but are not
    limited to:
    o Configuration changes
    o Backups
    o Documentation
    o Datacenter changes
    o Project meeting attendance
    o Project management
    o Product and Internet traffic analysis
    o Other items as deemed necessary

    ➢ Assist Network and Security engineers by independently taking new
    network projects that will include load balancer and security tasks.
    These include but are not limited to:
    o New device deployments as upgrades or replacements
    o New product deployments and associated configuration changes
    o Research and Development of new technologies for networks and
    security
    o Development and implementation of best practices and procedures for
    networking and security
    o Other items as deemed necessary

    Required Skills and Abilities:

    ➢ Strong grasp of Internet (TCP/IP) Network practices and concepts
    ➢ Cisco CCNA certification (CCNP switching preferred)
    ➢ Strong grasp of Security practices and concepts
    ➢ Working knowledge of Internet technologies
    ➢ Working knowledge of VPN’s
    ➢ Working knowledge of firewall technologies
    ➢ Remedial Linux/Unix skills
    ➢ Strong organizational skills
    ➢ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
    with managers and employees.
    ➢ Ability to maintain own work flow and meet deadlines.
    ➢ Strong communication (both verbal and written) and customer service
    skills (Ability to exchange information with others clearly and
    concisely.)
    ➢ Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work
    speed and sustained accuracy are paramount.
    ➢ Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers
    (internal and external).
    ➢ Ability to meet attendance standards and provide off-hours
    operational support when necessary.
    ➢ Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work
    team.
    ➢ Ability to work with minimal supervision.

    Education and/or Experience:

    ➢ Bachelor’s degree in related field
    ➢ 3-5+ years of direct network/security experience OR any similar
    combination of education and experience.

    Don't miss out on this great opportunity-Take Charge of Your Career and
    Apply Now!

    Here’s what you’ll get:
    • Entrepreneurial environment.
    • Competitive compensation program and Comprehensive benefits.
    • Approachable leadership.
    • A corporate culture where fun is a priority.
    • Opportunities to further develop your skills and refine your
    talent.
    • Work life / personal life balance.

    Located on Tide Point's beautiful promenade in Baltimore's Inner
    Harbor, Advertising.com is an energetic, fun, progressive place to
    work. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please
    reference the job title included in this posting in your cover letter
    and submit your resume to

    http://www2.openhire.com/epostings/...3452&company_id=15671&version=1&jobboardid=24

    EOE
    , May 11, 2006