Dynamic Routing Advice - Help!!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dean M. Rhodenizer, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I am new to this newsgroup so please forgive me if this post does not belong
    here.

    I am trying to improve a static routing situation that requires significant
    intervention to use one with dynamic routing.
    Here is the setup..

    At our primary location we have 2 Cisco 2600 series routers, connected to 2
    different ISPs, accepting VPN connections from 26 remote locations. (just a
    single tunnel from each remote location to a single endpoint in the primary
    location).

    When a new VPN connection is formed, we would like the VPN endpoint router
    to broadcast the address of the WAN segment behind the tunnel to the
    internal port on the VPN endpoint router so the VPN connected WAN segment's
    address becomes known to the internal network.

    Does anybody have expereince doing this type of this? Any advice would be
    greatly appreciated

    Thank you,

    Dean
    Dean M. Rhodenizer, Jul 7, 2004

  2. In article <kMYGc.39298$>,
    "Dean M. Rhodenizer" <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to this newsgroup so please forgive me if this post does not belong
    > here.
    >
    > I am trying to improve a static routing situation that requires significant
    > intervention to use one with dynamic routing.
    > Here is the setup..
    >
    > At our primary location we have 2 Cisco 2600 series routers, connected to 2
    > different ISPs, accepting VPN connections from 26 remote locations. (just a
    > single tunnel from each remote location to a single endpoint in the primary
    > location).
    >

    > When a new VPN connection is formed, we would like the VPN endpoint router
    > to broadcast the address of the WAN segment behind the tunnel to the
    > internal port on the VPN endpoint router so the VPN connected WAN segment's
    > address becomes known to the internal network.
    >

    > Does anybody have expereince doing this type of this? Any advice would be
    > greatly appreciated

    Any interior routing protocol, such as OSPF or EIGRP, should be fine for
    this. Treat the VPNs as if they were point-to-point serial links, and
    then follow any typical routing protocol configuration guide.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Dean M. Rhodenizer

    PES Guest

    "Dean M. Rhodenizer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to this newsgroup so please forgive me if this post does not

    belong
    > here.
    >
    > I am trying to improve a static routing situation that requires

    significant
    > intervention to use one with dynamic routing.
    > Here is the setup..
    >
    > At our primary location we have 2 Cisco 2600 series routers, connected to

    2
    > different ISPs, accepting VPN connections from 26 remote locations. (just

    > single tunnel from each remote location to a single endpoint in the

    primary
    > location).
    >

    > When a new VPN connection is formed, we would like the VPN endpoint router
    > to broadcast the address of the WAN segment behind the tunnel to the
    > internal port on the VPN endpoint router so the VPN connected WAN

    segment's
    > address becomes known to the internal network.
    >

    > Does anybody have expereince doing this type of this? Any advice would be
    > greatly appreciated
    >

    > Thank you,
    >
    > Dean

    Look at this very good article from Cisco. http://tinyurl.com/ry3x It is
    primarily about going from a traditional to a dmvpn scenario. It does take
    you through various levels of design very well (if you are planning to do an
    ios based vpn).
    PES, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Dean M. Rhodenizer

    mh Guest

    If you are using/going to use EIGRP, check out the EIGRP stub feature
    for use at each of the remote VPN location
    mh, Jul 8, 2004