    How can I make one of the fastethernet interface to obtain ip ?

    what is the command I need to put in!

    -Thomas

    Thomas75, Mar 16, 2008

  2. Thomas75 <> writes:
    >I would like to try to use my 2621 router to replace my netgear
    >router.
    >I just want to test configure it.

    >How can I make one of the fastethernet interface to obtain ip ?

    Via what technology? PPPoE? DHCP? IPCP during PPP dialup?
    Are you doing bridged? Routed? NAT/PAT?

    Yes, if you search cisco.com for technotes, you will find many dealing
    with these very topics. Cisco gear is configured the same for any IOS
    device, from the tiniest 8xx router up to the largest IOS ones. So,
    its not useful to search for 2621, but instead what you intend to use
    with it, its all the same in Cisco land, the technology matters much
    more than the hardware.

    >what is the command I need to put in!

    Depends quite a bit on what you are doing?

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 16, 2008

  3. Thomas75

    joshd Guest

    On Mar 15, 7:10 pm, Thomas75 <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to try to use my 2621 router to replace my netgear
    > router.
    >
    > I just want to test configure it.
    >
    > How can I make one of the fastethernet interface to obtain ip ?
    >
    > what is the command I need to put in!
    >
    > -Thomas

    ip address dhcp

    jd.