    I'm developing an application in C# ASP.NET. I have a few tab pages in my web page. When a user clicks on a tab I want to display a dialog box asking for password then verify the password and if correct open the selected tab page.
    (my tab control is asp control)

    Any idea is appreciated

    peace2007, Sep 25, 2007

  2. peace2007

    peace2007

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    Actually, I'm opening a dialog box using javascript but cannot return the value from that box into code behind page, because, many users may concurrently press a tab page so the return value cannot be distinguished. On the other hand, if I return the value to server.aspx I have to reload the page which I don't want.

    peace2007, Sep 26, 2007

  3. peace2007

    urstop

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    London
    You can use AJAX if that is ok to send client side values to the server page without having the need to resubmit the page. Also if will not affect even if muliple users are using the system.

    A simple Javascript function and a ASPX page to handle the web request is all that will be needed.

    Regards,
    UrStop
    www.UrStop.com

    urstop, Nov 2, 2007