    Has anyone had any experience with the Dynalink RTA220 adsl routher?
    I'm thinking of buying one and am wondering what they are like.

    Many thanks.

    Woolfie, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Woolfie

    Chris Hope Guest

    Woolfie wrote:

    > Has anyone had any experience with the Dynalink RTA220 adsl routher?
    > I'm thinking of buying one and am wondering what they are like.

    I think they're pretty good. You configure them in a web browser and have
    complete control over the firewall to determine which ports you want
    inbound and outbound stuff on. I'd still be using mine now but I got sick
    of having an ADSL router, a hub and a wireless access point (lots of
    annoying cables and power plugs) so I bought a 3-in-1 US Robotics unit. I
    preferred the control I had with the Dynalink firewall but the USR one
    seems to be pretty good also.

    What sort of other stuff do you want to know about the RTA220?

    Chris Hope, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Woolfie wrote:
    > Has anyone had any experience with the Dynalink RTA220 adsl routher?
    > I'm thinking of buying one and am wondering what they are like.
    >
    > Many thanks.

    Very good implementation of an ADSL Router firewall. Recommend it to my
    clients to replace their rented Nokia M1122 routers

    Justin C. Le Grice, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Woolfie

    Woolfie Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:18:53 +1200, Chris Hope
    <> wrote:

    >Woolfie wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone had any experience with the Dynalink RTA220 adsl routher?
    >> I'm thinking of buying one and am wondering what they are like.

    >I think they're pretty good. You configure them in a web browser and have
    >complete control over the firewall to determine which ports you want
    >inbound and outbound stuff on. I'd still be using mine now but I got sick
    >of having an ADSL router, a hub and a wireless access point (lots of
    >annoying cables and power plugs) so I bought a 3-in-1 US Robotics unit. I
    >preferred the control I had with the Dynalink firewall but the USR one
    >seems to be pretty good also.
    >
    >What sort of other stuff do you want to know about the RTA220?

    Also wondering how reliable they are in providing a stable ADSL
    connection.

    Woolfie, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Woolfie

    Richard Guest

    Woolfie wrote:

    > Has anyone had any experience with the Dynalink RTA220 adsl routher?
    > I'm thinking of buying one and am wondering what they are like.
    >
    > Many thanks.

    I tried one here for a while while a mate had my M1122, since that has a hub in it.

    Seemed ok, but it got much lower line speeds then the M1122 on the line here. -
    im talking 700kbit downstream instead of 1.4meg

    Richard, Jun 19, 2004