    net, whom we've been with for eight years is coming on line early next year,
    I might have to wait.

    Joy

    Joy, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Suddenly, Joy sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Bought for xmas. I've four pc's to network and I've just remembered the
    > printer. Does one pc need to be always on to be used as a print server?

    Yes.

    > Or could I use the usb on the router for that?

    No. The router is not smart or powerful enough to handle printing.

    > I'm now looking around for broadband. Which is the most popular? Clear
    > net, whom we've been with for eight years is coming on line early next year,
    > I might have to wait.

    Personally, I would forget ClearNet.

    Xtra and Orcon are the two I'm considering. Xtra because, being in bed
    with Telecom, they do a reasonable job at a good price (though they
    don't play fair with their competitors). Orcon because they have had a
    generally good reputation and have been around a long time.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Joy

    Z Guest

    Joy wrote:
    > Bought for xmas. I've four pc's to network and I've just remembered the
    > printer. Does one pc need to be always on to be used as a print server? Or
    > could I use the usb on the router for that?

    A computer, you could consider buying a printer server and plugging it
    into that too. DSE has wireless ones for 99

    Z, Nov 29, 2004