    know the modem is a museum piece but I am helping someone out.

    Regards
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Peter

    EMB Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > I have an old Dynalink 1428 VQE external modem but the power supply is
    > missing and they do not put the voltage on the modem. The V1456 VQE
    > has a 12 v 1A power supply. Is the 1428 likely to be similar? I
    > know the modem is a museum piece but I am helping someone out.

    From Dynalink's site

    http://www.dynalink.com.au/support/ts_modem.htm#.615

    HTH

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Steve Marshall, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:23:25 +1200, Steve Marshall <>
    wrote:

    >EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> From Dynalink's site
    >>
    >>http://www.dynalink.com.au/support/ts_modem.htm#.615

    >Note that the output is AC, not DC. If you need a power supply, email
    >me.

    Some one else tried a 9 volt 600mA AC power supply and the modem
    worked fine.

    Thanks for previous comments.

    Peter, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Peter

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Wed, 01 Jun 2005 06:22:17 GMT, Dynalink 1428 VQE power
    supply, (Peter) wrote:

    >I have an old Dynalink 1428 VQE external modem but the power supply is
    >missing and they do not put the voltage on the modem. The V1456 VQE
    >has a 12 v 1A power supply. Is the 1428 likely to be similar? I
    >know the modem is a museum piece but I am helping someone out.

    Same power supply will work, it will also work with the 1433 VQE
    as well. 12 volt AC.

    --
    "You look a little shy; let me introduce you to that
    leg of mutton" said the Red Queen.

    Scooter, Jun 6, 2005