dying graphics card symptoms

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kathleen Thornhill, Jan 2, 2005.

    Kathleen Thornhill, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Kathleen Thornhill

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | What might I expect to see if my graphics card was dying? When we play
    | online games, parts of the other windows 'bleed' ontop of the current
    | window. Sometimes the graphics load slowing in 'blocks' at a time.
    Sometimes
    | 'blobcks' of the window are just blank.
    | TIA
    | MBankat

    What games? What is your graphics card? What is your OS? What is your CPU?
    How much RAM do you have?

    MBankaT, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Kathleen Thornhill

    Timberwolf Guest

    > What might I expect to see if my graphics card was dying? When we play
    > online games, parts of the other windows 'bleed' ontop of the current
    > window. Sometimes the graphics load slowing in 'blocks' at a time.
    > Sometimes
    > 'blobcks' of the window are just blank.
    > TIA
    > MBankat

    i would suggest that 1-- your internet connection cannot keep up 2-- low
    spec machine as in ram/graphics/cpu

    In most cases upgrading the graphics card(if you actually have one)is
    probably the least of the worries--more like upgrade system time
    Timberwolf, Jan 2, 2005
  5. MBankaT wrote:

    > What might I expect to see if my graphics card was dying? When we play
    > online games, parts of the other windows 'bleed' ontop of the current
    > window. Sometimes the graphics load slowing in 'blocks' at a time.
    > Sometimes 'blobcks' of the window are just blank.

    More likely that looks like a wrong graphic driver or setting. A dying card
    mostly shows colored stripes and pixel errors, or simply freezes your
    desktop.

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]
    Walter Mautner, Jan 2, 2005