DX6490 w/Printer Dock Plus Transfer Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Kodak DX6490 has been working fine for months on Dell Windows Pentium
    IV ME machine with 512MB RAM and 30GB free HD space when connecting
    directly between the camera and the computer via USB cable to
    EasyShare Software version 4.0.0.130 Pictures transfer with no
    problems.

    Recently purchased Kodak Printer Dock Plus which appears to work just
    dandy with one exception. With the camera in the dock, pushing the
    transfer button on the dock activates Easyshare software as expected
    and transfer begins. At some point, transfer freezes and essentially
    renders the machine useless -- only way out is via CTRL-ALT-DELETE and
    even that is not a "clean" out.

    [an aside -- I have not yet upgraded to 4.0.2 which I see is the
    latest version of Easyshare -- the machine in question is on a dial-up
    only connection and I've not had the time for the large download -- it
    also does not appear to be possible to download anything other than
    the installer (not the full file) so grabbing the file on another,
    better connected, machine does not appear to be an option]

    Bottom line -- with no printer dock in the picture everything works as
    expected. With printer dock involved, transfer locks. The _only_
    variable is the dock itself.

    I've been through all of the install/uninstall ad nauseum routine and
    tried suggestions from similar problems posted in the past. I've
    turned off AV protection and stopped all other unrequired processes.
    Nothing has helped.

    Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated.

    Jim, Oct 19, 2004