    How do I fix this?

    Thanks
    Junger

    Junger, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Junger

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 8/6/2004 3:37 AM, the following keys were mysteriously typed
    at Junger's keyboard...
    > I am trying to install a Kodak DX6490 camera onto a Win ME computer. The
    > software has installed ok but the camera has not. The camera is not showing
    > as a drive when connected by a USB cable. When getting Windows to add a new
    > device, it finds the camera, but with the following message "The ntkern.vxd
    > device loader for this device could not load the device driver (code 2). To
    > fix this, click update driver". But it can not find the correct driver to
    > update, even on the installation CD.
    > How do I fix this?

    I have a DX6490, but not that specific problem. I suggest you address
    call Kodak Technical Support, they were extremely helpful when I was
    having problems connecting my WinMe computer to the docking station.
    Turns out the problem was my fault, but nevertheless, they were able to
    figure it out and tell me how to fix it.

    --
    Paige Miller

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Aug 6, 2004

  3. On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:37:16 +1200, "Junger"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to install a Kodak DX6490 camera onto a Win ME computer. The
    >software has installed ok but the camera has not. The camera is not showing
    >as a drive when connected by a USB cable. When getting Windows to add a new
    >device, it finds the camera, but with the following message "The ntkern.vxd
    >device loader for this device could not load the device driver (code 2). To
    >fix this, click update driver". But it can not find the correct driver to
    >update, even on the installation CD.
    >How do I fix this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Junger

    I had no problems installing the software on Win MW and the DX6490
    works fine.

    Did you install the software before connecting the camera to the USB
    port? If not uninstall/install without the camera connected.

    --
    Peter Williams

    Peter Williams, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Junger

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Junger,

    Sorry to hear about your trouble installing Kodak EasyShare Software.

    Not sure what happened there, but did you have an earlier version of
    software installed in the past? Regardless, I am going to suggest that you
    start over again. Please unplug the camera or dock from your system then go
    to the Add/Remove option and find the Kodak EasyShare program listing.
    Choose the remove option and remove the software from your system.

    Once you have completed the full removal, go to the following URL to find
    specifics on clearing your system of residual files.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/clear

    Once the system is fully romoved, you can go to the Kodak website and
    install the latest version of software 4.0. This new version should install
    easily and work well for you. Check it out and start the software to be
    sure it is OK and working well. If it is, plug in your camera or dock and
    follow the prompts. All should be well. The camera should show up in 'My
    Computer' as logical drive.

    Let me know how you make out.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird