    Have a camcorder for movies but am concerned about any problems in the
    camera. I am sure the occasional video will be shot using the camera.

    Brian

    amyotte, Nov 28, 2003

  2. amyotte

    Ron Hunter Guest

    amyotte wrote:

    > Picked up a DX6340 and have a couple of issues with the camera. One being
    > Cat red eye covered on another thread and the query on the this posting.
    >
    > Have tried taking a few movies but am really disappointed in the sound echo
    > I record in movie mode.
    >
    > Is this normal?
    >
    > Have a camcorder for movies but am concerned about any problems in the
    > camera. I am sure the occasional video will be shot using the camera.
    >

    > Brian

    I have a similar camera (DX3600) and it has no such problem. Was there
    an echo problem with the location? BTW, I wouldn't expect studio
    quality sound recording with a small camera.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 28, 2003

  3. amyotte

    Crownfield Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > amyotte wrote:
    >
    > > Picked up a DX6340 and have a couple of issues with the camera. One being
    > > Cat red eye covered on another thread and the query on the this posting.
    > >
    > > Have tried taking a few movies but am really disappointed in the sound echo
    > > I record in movie mode.
    > >
    > > Is this normal?
    > >
    > > Have a camcorder for movies but am concerned about any problems in the
    > > camera. I am sure the occasional video will be shot using the camera.
    > >

    > > Brian
    > >

    > I have a similar camera (DX3600) and it has no such problem. Was there
    > an echo problem with the location? BTW, I wouldn't expect studio
    > quality sound recording with a small camera.

    try it outdoors, in a large field, with no echo.

    Crownfield, Nov 28, 2003
  4. amyotte

    amyotte Guest

    Will give outdoors a try. Forecast is to finally stop raining, BUT to be
    replaced by snow. :(

    Went back to the store I bought the DX6340 from to compare with another
    DX6340 and it was the same. The salesman's comment was that all the small
    digicam sounds are poor quality. Even asked if he had a more expensive one
    and he said I would not see much of a difference and to use my video cam.

    Comments?

    Brian

    amyotte, Nov 29, 2003
  5. amyotte

    Ron Hunter Guest

    amyotte wrote:

    > Will give outdoors a try. Forecast is to finally stop raining, BUT to be
    > replaced by snow. :(
    >
    > Went back to the store I bought the DX6340 from to compare with another
    > DX6340 and it was the same. The salesman's comment was that all the small
    > digicam sounds are poor quality. Even asked if he had a more expensive one
    > and he said I would not see much of a difference and to use my video cam.
    >
    > Comments?
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > "Crownfield" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ron Hunter wrote:

    > being

    > posting.

    > echo

    >>>I have a similar camera (DX3600) and it has no such problem. Was there
    >>>an echo problem with the location? BTW, I wouldn't expect studio
    >>>quality sound recording with a small camera.

    >>try it outdoors, in a large field, with no echo.

    I agree with the salesman. The movie modes in these cameras is NOT for
    the quality conscious.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 29, 2003
  6. amyotte

    amyotte Guest

    DX6340 Sound echo -SOLVED

    Gonna wring my kid's neck.

    Was talking with my som about the tin can echo sound while playing the
    camera videos back on the computer and he mentioned that he had set up
    the computer's sound playback to be like that for some of his music.
    Supposed to mimic a concert setting.

    He set the computer sound setting back to normal and the camera video
    playback sounds are clear.

    Brian

    amyotte, Nov 29, 2003
  7. amyotte

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Re: DX6340 Sound echo -SOLVED

    amyotte wrote:
    > Gonna wring my kid's neck.
    >
    > Was talking with my som about the tin can echo sound while playing the
    > camera videos back on the computer and he mentioned that he had set up
    > the computer's sound playback to be like that for some of his music.
    > Supposed to mimic a concert setting.
    >
    > He set the computer sound setting back to normal and the camera video
    > playback sounds are clear.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > "amyotte" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Will give outdoors a try. Forecast is to finally stop raining, BUT to be
    >>replaced by snow. :(
    >>
    >>Went back to the store I bought the DX6340 from to compare with another
    >>DX6340 and it was the same. The salesman's comment was that all the small
    >>digicam sounds are poor quality. Even asked if he had a more expensive one
    >>and he said I would not see much of a difference and to use my video cam.
    >>
    >>Comments?
    >>
    >>Brian
    >>

    >>"Crownfield" <> wrote in message

    >> being

    >> posting.

    >> echo

    >>>try it outdoors, in a large field, with no echo.

    WEll, that kinda explains it. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 29, 2003
  8. amyotte

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Amyotte,

    The redeye with your animal can be improved by brightening the lights in the
    room, and taking pictures of the cat while it is not looking directly at the
    camera. However, the pupil of an animals eye is always quite large, deer in
    the headlights, bright reflection when you come across an animal with a
    flashlight, and so on. Just the nature of animals, especially if they are
    at all nocturnal. They will by nature be larger and more reflective.

    Good Luck! Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 4, 2003