DX6340 red eye reduction question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mike, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    hi,

    i have a new Kodak DX6340 and am pretty well satisfied with it.

    Kodak has an (on the surface anyway) very clever editing tool to reduce the
    dreaded "red eye."

    the instructions tell you to zoom in on the offending "red eye" and place
    the reduction tool over the red area. the tool is similar to the crosshairs
    on a rifle scope (+) but larger. after placing the crosshairs you simply
    right click the mouse and the software creates a kind of dark blot BUT i
    can't get it to go where i want it to go.

    one would think it would appear directly under where the crosshairs
    intersect but it does not (at least for me it doesn't).

    am i doing something wrong? is there a "trick" to correctly utilizing this
    tool? any of you kodak owners out there know how to make this tool function
    in the way it was designed to?

    thank y'all on advance.

    mikem
    mike, Aug 24, 2003

  2. mike

    Bill Jackson Guest

    The "blot" is not put at a specific diameter under the cross hairs but
    detects the presence of red eye in the picture and fixes ALL of it
    regardless of size. The crosshair is there tohelp the software find the red
    eye and determine the difference between that round red spot in the
    christmas tree and the red eye on the face of your kid.

    That's at least the way it's supposed to work, if you have an example of it
    missing please send it to me and I'll get the engineers to look at why and
    hopefully fix it in the next release.

    Bill Jackson, Aug 26, 2003