Dx3700 Installtaion of Easyshare without internet access

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gavin, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. Gavin

    Gavin Guest

    Hi

    I'm giving my dx3700 to my mother, her PC does not have internet
    access, (Well it used to but the modem died on it and it's a laptop
    and as she only ever uses it as a typewriter theres no point fixing
    it)

    Anyway is it p[ossible to download all the files then move them to a
    CD to take to her. I have the Cd that came with it (say's Picture
    Software 1.3) but not the latest Easyshare. I tried the help section
    which said there is a CD available but cannot find it anywher (I'm in
    the UK and registered as that so it might not be available to the UK)

    I have no problem downloading the whole lot here and burning to a CD
    to take to her, but it's too much bother to replace the modem just to
    load the software.

    Anyone know if I can do this? Reading the Kodak site and this group I
    think not but I'm open to options.

    Gavin, Dec 18, 2004

  2. you can purchase a CD for $8.00 from Kodak.com. I haven't looked for a
    while, but the link is somewhere on the download page.

    The Picture Software is very old, I would suggest getting the EasyShare disc
    somehow.

    William Jackson, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Gavin

    Gavin Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:43:44 -0500, "William Jackson"
    <> wrote:

    >you can purchase a CD for $8.00 from Kodak.com. I haven't looked for a
    >while, but the link is somewhere on the download page.
    >
    >The Picture Software is very old, I would suggest getting the EasyShare disc
    >somehow.

    It's not listed as something I can purchase on the UK site, I guess
    it's best me phoning them up

    Gavin, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Gavin

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Gavin,

    Since you are in the UK, I suggest you give our team there a quick call.
    Let them know your dilemma and ask them to send you a CD. I suspect they
    will. Of course if you want to get around the need, you can always click
    into the Kodak UK site to find the software and buy a copy of the CD which I
    suspect is as readily available as it is here in the US.

    You are going to enjoy EasyShare as it is a great program and gets better
    all the time. It does have a web connection feature, but will work fine
    without it. Give it a try. Let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Gavin