dx-diag error report

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Lez Hammans, May 13, 2004.

  1. Lez Hammans

    Lez Hammans Guest

    DX-Diag has reported the following:

    DirectInput Devices
    -------------------
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

    Device Name: Keyboard
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

    Poll w/ Interrupt: Yes
    Registry: Errors found
    Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\ProgID' is missing.

    Because I steer away from Regedit on the basis 'if it ain't (obviously)
    broke, don't fix it', can anyone explain the last line to me and tell me if
    I need to do anything about it? As far as input devices go I'm only aware of
    the mouse (well, tracker pad) and keyboard.

    Thanks anyone.

    Lez Hammans, May 13, 2004

  2. Lez Hammans

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lez Hammans" <LezH(takethisout)@bigfoot.com> wrote in

    > Because I steer away from Regedit on the basis 'if it ain't
    > (obviously) broke, don't fix it', can anyone explain the last line to
    > me and tell me if I need to do anything about it? As far as input
    > devices go I'm only aware of the mouse (well, tracker pad) and
    > keyboard.

    Do you notice any problems? If not, leave it alone.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 13, 2004

  3. Lez Hammans

    mark mandel Guest

    "Lez Hammans" <LezH(takethisout)@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > DX-Diag has reported the following:
    >
    > DirectInput Devices
    > -------------------
    > Device Name: Mouse
    > Attached: 1
    > Controller ID: n/a
    > Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    > FF Driver: n/a
    >
    > Device Name: Keyboard
    > Attached: 1
    > Controller ID: n/a
    > Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    > FF Driver: n/a
    >
    > Poll w/ Interrupt: Yes
    > Registry: Errors found
    > Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\ProgID' is missing.
    >
    > Because I steer away from Regedit on the basis 'if it ain't (obviously)
    > broke, don't fix it', can anyone explain the last line to me and tell me

    if
    > I need to do anything about it? As far as input devices go I'm only aware

    of
    > the mouse (well, tracker pad) and keyboard.
    >
    > Thanks anyone.

    It's rather unlikely that that's any reason for concern but you could also
    post this over at www.pcguide.com in the "Windows" section to get more
    feedback.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, May 13, 2004
  4. Lez Hammans

    Michael-NC Guest

    Common problem with DX 9. Try to reinstall DX. Boot into safe mode and make
    sure you have only one display adapter installed in device manager.

    Michael-NC, May 13, 2004
  5. Lez Hammans

    Lez Hammans Guest

    Thanks for your responses.

    I've installed the latest version of DX and, as the Device Manager is only
    showing one display adaptor and things seem to be working okay, I'll take
    the advice and leave well alone unless things start to go pear-shaped.

    Thanks again.

    Btw, Twizzle is a kids' book/TV character written by Roberta Leigh and
    directed by Gerry Anderson. I'm showing my age, I guess! :-(

    Lez Hammans, May 14, 2004
  6. Lez Hammans

    Lez Hammans Guest

    Sorry folks: Twizzle has nothing to do with anything. Wrong newsgroup!!!

    D'oh!!!

    Lez Hammans, May 14, 2004