    while at some vanilla wireless LAN.

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Fred Marshall, Apr 26, 2005

  2. In Windows, you can configure each SSID (each network) with different
    encryption settings.

    As long as the other networks have a different SSID, you should be fine.

    If you don't use Windows to configure your settings, any other configuration
    would be dependent on the software that came with the card.

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Apr 28, 2005

  3. I would be interested to know if you have found WPA2 capable drivers for the
    G650.

    Mike Bernstein

    Mike Bernstein, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Mike,

    Not yet. I'm in the middle of that right now. It may be that the G650 was
    the wrong choice. In researching the D-Link website I don't see that the
    G650 supports it. I may need a different model like the DWL-G680.

    Carl,

    OK - that makes sense. Thanks!

    Fred

    Fred Marshall, Apr 30, 2005
  5. By the way, there is a new Cable Guy article on WPA2.

    The download isn't live yet though.

    Note: you must have WPA2-capable drivers to use WPA2!!!

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0505.mspx

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Apr 30, 2005
  6. According to the WiFi Alliance list, the D-Link G650 is WPA2 certified. I
    guess it is just updated drivers we need.

    http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/Certified_Products.asp?TID=2

    Mike Bernstein, Apr 30, 2005
  7. I now understand the driver will be available in a month's time. I'm not
    planning on it necessarily.

    Fred Marshall, May 8, 2005