    computer, but not the router or other computers on the net. I am completely
    lost with what to try next.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=, Mar 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=

    DLink Guru Guest

    In your Modem/Router did you setup your WEP keys? Also have you tried
    disabling WEP on your router and USB client and see if you get a connection
    there?

    Robert....

    DLink Guru, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Robert,

    The modem/router is from 2Wire and comes with its own WEP key. I just shut
    that option off and the connection now works. I have no clue why it works
    with the key off. Out of curiosity, I created a self defined code on the
    router (5 10 times) and tried that on the DWL-122. Once again it didn't
    work. So I'm left with a problem in how the WEP key's work. Is this
    something common you've seen before and is there any way around it?

    Most importantly, gracias for your help (and amazingly quick response.)

    Brandon

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=, Mar 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=

    DLink Guru Guest

    Glad your connection works. Now lets see if we can get you secured. Do you
    know how to log into your router config and set WEP? Your manual should be
    of help here. It sounds like you dont know whats in the router and cant get
    your client to match the router.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Mar 13, 2005
  5. I'm not to sure if this is what you're referencing, but the router has an
    icon in the taskbar. Double clicking brings up an internet explorer like
    page that has all of the config options. That is where I went to shut off
    the WEP. I tried putting a custom WEP in (5555555555) but when I made the
    associated changes to D-link, it stopped working again.

    If that is not where I need to go, please let me know and I'll see what I
    can hunt down.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=, Mar 13, 2005
  6. I'm not to sure if this is what you're referencing, but the router has an

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=, Mar 13, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=

    DLink Guru Guest

    Thats probably were you want to go. When you are selecting your WEP Key are
    you selecting Binary or Hex? Also are you selecting 64bit or128bit
    encryption? it has to be the same in the client and router.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Mar 13, 2005
  8. The WEP key is only available in Hex and it is 64bit. In the D-link client,
    I select the 64 bit 10 character key as well but still doesn't work.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbg==?=, Mar 13, 2005