    error but I still get this error message when shutting down. Any idea how I
    can fix this?
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?TGVmdHk=?=, Feb 9, 2006

  2. I would have a look in 'Event Viewer', first of all, and see if there are
    any indications. It might be something in the registry, but you will want to
    know more before poking around in random.

    Tony. . .

    "Lefty" <> wrote in message
    > After removing MSoffice 2003 pro I received the subject error message when
    > shutting down. I re-installed Office thinking I removed a shared component

    in

    Tony Sperling, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Tony,
    Thank you for the response.
    I found numerous errors with AVG7 in the event viewer. I no longer have AVG7
    installed due to shutdown problems and it wasn't catching spyware. I changed
    to NOD32 which seems to work much better. Nod32 has been installed for a
    couple of weeks without any problems (no errors until 3 days ago). I removed
    NOD32 and the subject error went away. Reinstalled NOD32 and the error came
    back.
    I reinstalled Xp-64 thinking it would repair whatever I screwed up. BIG
    mistake! Now it boots to the welcome screen and goes no further.
    I'm running dual boot with XP Pro. Fortunately XP Pro is stable. When I
    booted into XP Pro it stated disk E:(XP-64) had errors and scandisk was run
    automatically. Still won't boot normally but will boot in safe mode.
    What to do, what to do?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVmdHk=?=, Feb 11, 2006