    support on one of the newest versions of XP (x64) to play Media Center
    Edition drv-ms files? This can't be this hard to do!! I keep getting an
    error "trying to download codec"
    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYg==?=, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Do you have DVD decoding software installed already?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Oct 2, 2006

  3. The decoding software that came with the computer (1.5 years old) was just
    before WinXP 64 was available and only was 32bit software. From what I
    understand this would not be the correct thing to install for DVD Decoding on
    a 64bit OS. Is there an alternative (free) option or better yet, is there
    even a 64bit decoder available?

    Norb

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYg==?=, Oct 4, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYg==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Norb:
    From what I've heard the DVD codec's are still 32-bit. With x64 I
    have Nero and Power DVD installed and haven't had any problems with any
    codec's in WMP. With Vista x86 & x64 I use the codec's from
    http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml because I don't have Nero or Power DVD
    installed.

    Dennis Pack, Oct 4, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYg==?=

    Zapper Guest

    Vista includes an MPEG-2(DVD) decoder....

    Zapper, Oct 4, 2006