    C3 + Guest

    Of the three formats, which responds the least to little scratches?

    C3+
    C3 +, Jun 13, 2010

  2. C3 +

    Rick Guest

    C3 + wrote:
    > Of the three formats, which responds the least to little scratches?
    >
    > C3+

    I doubt it depends on the format, but on whether the player has
    "overscan" technology the way CD players do - this takes several
    readings of the same track.
    Rick, Jun 13, 2010

  3. C3 +

    BlindBaby Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 00:32:22 -0700 (PDT), "C3 +" <> wrote:

    >Of the three formats, which responds the least to little scratches?
    >
    >C3+

    I so not know, since my "Rule #1" is that the disc only goes from the
    case-to-the-player-tray and back, and never onto a surface and never gets
    touched. EVER.

    Similar to rules applied to camera lenses. If you never touch it, you
    never need to clean it, and you never acquire a scratch on its optical
    surface.

    If you have kids, NOW would be the perfect time to teach them that
    lesson. One easy way to do that, is have them put together model cars,
    and detail the spark plug wires with sewing thread, etc. Then put them
    on the family room shelf and see how long they sit there without getting
    touched. Teach them how easy it is to damage something. Then move over
    to the disc collection and the various use rights and rules regarding
    those (which you should conceive of and adopt).
    BlindBaby, Jun 14, 2010