DVDSoon's Fidelity iCard 2 free DVDs offer

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JF Sebastian, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. JF Sebastian

    JF Sebastian Guest

    Hi,

    as the subject says, what's the deal with the two free DVDs upon a new
    iCard registration? I wrote them a mail asking which DVDs are in their
    so-called "vast selection of eligible titles" except the ten displayed
    on the offer page but all they send (yes, they did answer;) seemed to be
    a list of their current Top 15 titles. Even pretended to order something
    but that "vast selection" is only revealed _after_ you payed for it
    (i.e. payed for the iCard).

    Anybody here who registered for this card in the past weeks? What titles
    were offered? Simply anything they have in stock below 50 $CAN? Or is it
    really some kind of selected, hand-picked titles [they don't rid off
    because nobody buys that crap ;) ]?

    I'd certainly be interested in Blade Runner or Total Recall but since
    each of them are priced at 10 CAN$ it would still be 30 CAN$ to go to
    break even - which is (for me as a non-regular DVD buyer) a bit hard if
    every other order only saves some three or four bucks on DVD price and
    free p&p. If e.g. the season 2 box of Magnum P.I. is in there it'd of
    course be something different.

    Any info appreciated, jfs

    JF Sebastian, Mar 6, 2005

  2. JF Sebastian

    Bratboy Guest

    Okay, those listed ones are your choices. I took incredibles and Queen as my
    choices since already own the Total Recall set. Where you "break even" is
    that on top of the free disc's you also get an additional discount on all
    items plus, if I understand things you build up points based on what you do
    spend that can then be used o buy even more stuff. For Febuary till the 3rd
    of march it was at 20% so on a larger purchase you can come out ahead. Oh
    yeah and free shipping to boot. I ended up getting all 5 seasons of South
    Park for right at $100 USD, cheapest alternative site was $149 plus I got 2
    free movies so all in all its not bad. I think now their giving ifidelity
    cards a 14% off offer. As to how Dvdsoons service is I don't know as this is
    my first round with them. Was warned they can be slow to ship but tween the
    cost savings and the fact that none of the titles I ordered are ones I cant
    wait on, for me the extra savings was worth a shot. The bits of money saved
    here & there can add up pretty fast. DVD $20-20%=$4 off then add at least $1
    saved on shipping plus the avoidance of any taxes (where I am its like 7
    cents on the dollar) so another $1.40 or so. Total savings Approx $6.40 on a
    $20 disc so at least for me nothing to complain about, hehe.
    Cheers

    Bratboy, Mar 6, 2005