    Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they ship
    half your order.

    ??????dave
    Dragon, Aug 15, 2005

  2. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:22:28 GMT, "Dragon"
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they ship
    >half your order.
    >
    >??????dave

    Same thing it means on Amazon, they ship as the items come in, but you
    pay for each shipment. Free shipping only applies if everything is
    shipped at once, so five in-stock items may be held up while the sixth
    is on backorder.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 15, 2005

  3. > Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they ship
    > half your order.

    Let me tell you... they won't ship a damned thing!
    Meester Schrijnders, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Meester Schrijnders" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they
    >> ship half your order.

    > Let me tell you... they won't ship a damned thing!

    My Lost in Space boxset is "on hand" let's see how long that takes.
    Nath, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Dragon

    Alex Guest

    > > Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they

    ship
    > > half your order.

    > Let me tell you... they won't ship a damned thing!

    I've been struggling with them for 2 months trying to get a replacement
    Sopranos S5 box, which never arrived - after going through the labyrinthine
    replacement process and faxing a signed declaration to say I never got it
    (never had to do that before), they e-mail and apologize that they've
    overhauled their system and ask me to start all over again! Takes days for
    a reply to an e-mail. Not impressed with their customer service at all.
    Alex, Aug 15, 2005
  6. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    || Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume
    || they ship half your order.
    || ??????

    Yes - they ship the items they as they get them in stock. So you get them
    quicker, and don't have to wait until they've received everything - which
    can be a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time with the sadly misnamed DVDSoon...

    Some other suppliers (inc Amazon.com, I think) charge XX amount _per
    consignment_ plus Y per item, so partial shipping isn't necessarily such a
    good idea...

    paul
    P Pron, Aug 15, 2005
  7. >>> Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they
    >>> ship half your order.

    >> Let me tell you... they won't ship a damned thing!

    > My Lost in Space boxset is "on hand" let's see how long that takes.

    I'm trying to get my money back for a couple of weeks now, and now on their
    updated website there is no possibillty to do that anymore. I'm afraid they
    will be bankrupt pretty (dvd)soon...
    Meester Schrijnders, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Dragon

    Napalm68 Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Anyone want to explain to me what this actually means, i presume they ship
    > half your order.
    >
    > ??????dave

    It means they won't ship your order twice, and you'll be fucked over twice.
    Napalm68, Aug 15, 2005
  9. "Meester Schrijnders" <> wrote in message

    >>> Let me tell you... they won't ship a damned thing!

    >> My Lost in Space boxset is "on hand" let's see how long that takes.

    > I'm trying to get my money back for a couple of weeks now, and now on
    > their updated website there is no possibillty to do that anymore. I'm
    > afraid they will be bankrupt pretty (dvd)soon...

    That's exactly what should happen to them.
    --
    avdfaq
    altvideodvd FAQ, Aug 15, 2005
  10. Dragon

    Daniel White Guest

    See this ;

    http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306881

    Bye Bye DVDSoon.

    Daniel White, Aug 16, 2005
  11. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Daniel White" <> wrote in message
    > See this ;
    >
    > http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306881
    >
    > Bye Bye DVDSoon.

    "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.
    This could be due to one of several reasons:"

    Can you copy and paste the relevant info?
    Nath, Aug 16, 2005
  12. Dragon

    The Rev Guest

    On 2005-08-16 18:14:03 +0100, "Nath" <> said:

    > "Daniel White" <> wrote in message
    >> See this ;
    >>
    >> http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306881
    >>
    >> Bye Bye DVDSoon.

    > "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this
    > page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    >
    > Can you copy and paste the relevant info?

    I'll paraphrase.

    They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider
    Soon a trustworthy company.

    Seems to have been finally prompted (after months of complaints) by
    Soon's new policy of only letting you use 25% of your store credit per
    order and not letting you get money refunded back to your credit card.
    The Rev, Aug 16, 2005
  13. Dragon

    higgy Guest

    The Rev wrote:

    > On 2005-08-16 18:14:03 +0100, "Nath" <> said:
    >

    >> "Daniel White" <> wrote in message
    >>> See this ;
    >>>
    >>> http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306881
    >>>
    >>> Bye Bye DVDSoon.

    >> "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this
    >> page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    >>
    >> Can you copy and paste the relevant info?

    > I'll paraphrase.
    >
    > They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider
    > Soon a trustworthy company.
    >
    > Seems to have been finally prompted (after months of complaints) by
    > Soon's new policy of only letting you use 25% of your store credit per
    > order and not letting you get money refunded back to your credit card.

    Apparently they cancelled a lot of orders again, exacerbating the credit
    issue. Also, credit doesn't appear to "working" anyway - I tried to order
    something on credit yesterday (before reading about the 25% thing) - the
    checkout only appeared to charge me for the $1.31 over the credit I had,
    but then an email confirmation seemed to indicate no credit taken and
    around $21 charged (or will be). I was prepared to stick with them until
    this. ****'em, if the charge is on my next cc statement, it's getting
    disputed and I might try to recover the credit too (though pinning that
    down to specific transactions is difficult).

    higgy.
    higgy, Aug 16, 2005
  14. Dragon

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Rev declared:

    > I'll paraphrase.
    >
    > They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider
    > Soon a trustworthy company.
    >
    > Seems to have been finally prompted (after months of complaints) by
    > Soon's new policy of only letting you use 25% of your store credit per
    > order and not letting you get money refunded back to your credit card.

    The DVD Times is doing the same thing. A lot of people there are
    complaining that DVD Soon has canceled back-orders and refused to
    issue refunds.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Dunbar: Bonsai, Mr Chase?
    Sean O'Hara, Aug 16, 2005
  15. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Sean O'Hara" <> wrote in message
    > In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Rev declared:
    >>
    >> I'll paraphrase.
    >>
    >> They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider Soon
    >> a trustworthy company.
    >>
    >> Seems to have been finally prompted (after months of complaints) by
    >> Soon's new policy of only letting you use 25% of your store credit per
    >> order and not letting you get money refunded back to your credit card.
    >>

    > The DVD Times is doing the same thing. A lot of people there are
    > complaining that DVD Soon has canceled back-orders and refused to issue
    > refunds.
    >
    > --
    > Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    > Dunbar: Bonsai, Mr Chase?
    > Chase: Mutilation and torture, Mr Dunbar. The hideous, grotesque Japanese
    > practice of miniaturizing shrubs and trees. What is your bureau doing
    > about that?
    > -Doctor Who

    :-(

    LOS is "on hand" but it's just sitting in pending page..I'll give it to the
    end of the week and shoot them a refund to CC email, if they refuse also
    will contact CC. What they're doing now is illegal.
    Nath, Aug 16, 2005
  16. Dragon

    Cesare Cioni Guest

    > Apparently they cancelled a lot of orders again, exacerbating the credit
    > issue. Also, credit doesn't appear to "working" anyway - I tried to order
    > something on credit yesterday (before reading about the 25% thing) - the
    > checkout only appeared to charge me for the $1.31 over the credit I had,
    > but then an email confirmation seemed to indicate no credit taken and
    > around $21 charged (or will be). I was prepared to stick with them until
    > this. ****'em, if the charge is on my next cc statement, it's getting
    > disputed and I might try to recover the credit too (though pinning that
    > down to specific transactions is difficult).

    I have given them 48 hours to refund me, then I am reporting them to
    http://www.recol.ca

    Cesare

    --
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well, then, I contradict myself;
    Cesare Cioni, Aug 17, 2005
  17. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Nath" <> wrote in message

    > "Sean O'Hara" <> wrote in message
    >> In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Rev declared:
    >>>
    >>> I'll paraphrase.
    >>>
    >>> They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider
    >>> Soon a trustworthy company.
    >>>
    >>> Seems to have been finally prompted (after months of complaints) by
    >>> Soon's new policy of only letting you use 25% of your store credit per
    >>> order and not letting you get money refunded back to your credit card.
    >>>

    >> The DVD Times is doing the same thing. A lot of people there are
    >> complaining that DVD Soon has canceled back-orders and refused to issue
    >> refunds.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    >> Dunbar: Bonsai, Mr Chase?
    >> Chase: Mutilation and torture, Mr Dunbar. The hideous, grotesque Japanese
    >> practice of miniaturizing shrubs and trees. What is your bureau doing
    >> about that?
    >> -Doctor Who

    > :-(
    >
    > LOS is "on hand" but it's just sitting in pending page..I'll give it to
    > the end of the week and shoot them a refund to CC email, if they refuse
    > also will contact CC. What they're doing now is illegal.

    My order has automatically been cancelled...grrrr
    Nath, Aug 17, 2005
  18. Dragon

    The Rev Guest

    Sean O'Hara wrote:
    > In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Rev declared:
    >>
    >> They're removing all affiliate links because they no longer consider
    >> Soon a trustworthy company.

    > The DVD Times is doing the same thing. A lot of people there are
    > complaining that DVD Soon has canceled back-orders and refused to issue
    > refunds.

    Actually turns out the DVD Forums removed the affiliate links not
    because of the way they've been treating their customers but because
    they weren't paying up what they owed the forums for the links.

    Meanwhile, DVD Pacific managed to get Sin City to me yesterday, the US
    release date. So I think I'll stick with them for R1s for a while. (And
    not having to put up with bilingual covers is a bonus.)
    The Rev, Aug 17, 2005
  19. Dragon

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Rev declared:

    > Meanwhile, DVD Pacific managed to get Sin City to me yesterday, the US
    > release date. So I think I'll stick with them for R1s for a while. (And
    > not having to put up with bilingual covers is a bonus.)

    DVD Pacific is the fastest out there with pre-orders, especially if
    you order a month or more in advance. I've yet to receive anything
    after the release date, and I'll often get stuff a week early.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes
    Sean O'Hara, Aug 19, 2005
  20. Dragon

    Stan Brown Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:27:08 +0200, "Meester Schrijnders"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to get my money back for a couple of weeks now, and now on their
    >updated website there is no possibillty to do that anymore. I'm afraid they
    >will be bankrupt pretty (dvd)soon...

    If you're in the US, look on the back of your credit-card statement
    (when it comes, if you've been charged), and follow the instructions
    for disputing a charge. Since they never shipped, and they agree
    they never shipped, this should be a slam-dunk for the car company
    to credit you and charge DVDSoon.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Aug 20, 2005