    Dragon Guest

    No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free p&p

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 2, 2005

  2. In article <gIIBd.11993$>,
    says...
    > No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free p&p

    If they lose a lot of sales becuase there's no longer free postage then
    maybe.

    --
    Rid

    Ridwan Hughes, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to
    > free p&p
    > dave

    Surely it's got to depend on whether they judge that they've lost business
    as a result.

    The problem is that they might find it difficult to work out whether it's
    their loris-like customer service or their small price hike that is driving
    people away.....

    My guess is that they _won't_ reinstate free P&P - for some time, at least -
    it would piss off the people who have paid for their Fidelity iCarp, which I
    think includes 'free' postage.

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Dragon

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 1/1/05 8:35 PM, in article , "P Pron"
    <> wrote:

    > Dragon wrote:
    >> No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to
    >> free p&p
    >> dave

    > Surely it's got to depend on whether they judge that they've lost business
    > as a result.
    >
    > The problem is that they might find it difficult to work out whether it's
    > their loris-like customer service or their small price hike that is driving
    > people away.....
    >
    > My guess is that they _won't_ reinstate free P&P - for some time, at least -
    > it would piss off the people who have paid for their Fidelity iCarp, which I
    > think includes 'free' postage.
    >
    > paul

    I seem to recall their having said before that free shipping was going to
    end and then, quietly, it was simply continued. Not sure what's up with
    DVDSoon. I've personally only ordered a couple fistfuls of discs from them
    and did experience one extended delay in shipping for an item that wasn't in
    stock (Roger Rabbit) but generally I've been pretty happy despite their
    eccentricities and I've even received relatively prompt answers to customer
    service email inquiries, if you can believe that.

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Dragon

    Justin Cole Guest

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    > Dragon wrote:
    > My guess is that they _won't_ reinstate free P&P - for some time, at

    least -
    > it would piss off the people who have paid for their Fidelity iCarp, which

    > think includes 'free' postage.

    The 'iCarp' includes extra discount (increasing every year you have one) and
    free postage. Also there's an extra 25% off everything at the moment if
    you've got a card.

    It's a steal - buy one!

    Justin.

    Justin Cole, Jan 2, 2005
  6. Dragon

    Andrew Guest

    "Ridwan Hughes" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gIIBd.11993$>,
    > says...
    >> No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free
    >> p&p

    > If they lose a lot of sales becuase there's no longer free postage then
    > maybe.

    Like last time they dropped free delivery, you mean? ;-)

    Andrew, Jan 2, 2005
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    "Justin Cole" <> wrote in message
    > "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    >> Dragon wrote:
    >> My guess is that they _won't_ reinstate free P&P - for some time, at

    > least -
    >> it would piss off the people who have paid for their Fidelity iCarp,
    >> which

    >> think includes 'free' postage.

    > The 'iCarp' includes extra discount (increasing every year you have one)
    > and
    > free postage. Also there's an extra 25% off everything at the moment if
    > you've got a card.
    >
    > It's a steal - buy one!
    >
    > Justin.

    I do admit the service is great with them but they do have a tendency to
    have stuff in stock and then you have to wait weeks for it, where as dvd
    pacific gets shipped quite fast if it is in stock. anyway will be using
    both as usual but will now have to compare the prices a bit more to include
    the extra shipping cost

    Dave

    Dragon, Jan 2, 2005
  8. In article <>, says...

    > "Ridwan Hughes" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <gIIBd.11993$>,
    > > says...
    > >> No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free
    > >> p&p

    > > If they lose a lot of sales becuase there's no longer free postage then
    > > maybe.

    > Like last time they dropped free delivery, you mean? ;-)

    Exactly :D

    Just been checking a few price comparisons between DVDPacific and DVDSoon
    now that Soon charge for postage, I think DVDPacific will be getting more
    custom from me this year than last...

    --
    Rid

    Ridwan Hughes, Jan 2, 2005
  9. P Pron wrote:
    > Dragon wrote:
    >
    >>No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to
    >>free p&p
    >>dave

    > Surely it's got to depend on whether they judge that they've lost business
    > as a result.
    >
    > The problem is that they might find it difficult to work out whether it's
    > their loris-like customer service or their small price hike that is driving
    > people away.....
    >
    > My guess is that they _won't_ reinstate free P&P - for some time, at least -
    > it would piss off the people who have paid for their Fidelity iCarp, which I
    > think includes 'free' postage.
    >
    > paul

    Well they could reinstate free standard shipping, and let the Fidelity
    card holders get free first clas.. *shrugs*

    I don't have a card, I'm trying to cut down on DVD spending! :O

    - Emma

    Emma Rouse-Deane, Jan 2, 2005
  10. Dragon

    JB Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free
    > p&p
    >
    > dave

    At the risk of opening my mouth and proving I'm stupid, I've just been to
    their web site and it says " lease note that all Standard carrier orders
    will be shipped to free of charge:

    No minimum order... No minimum items... "

    What makes you say they're no longer doing it free?

    JB, Jan 2, 2005
  11. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    JB wrote:
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to
    >> free p&p
    >>
    >> dave
    >>

    > At the risk of opening my mouth and proving I'm stupid, I've just
    > been to their web site and it says " lease note that all Standard
    > carrier orders will be shipped to free of charge:
    >
    > No minimum order... No minimum items... "
    >
    > What makes you say they're no longer doing it free?

    Where exactly?

    I can't see it on the front page - it used to be on the banner, to the right
    of the DVDSoon.com headline, below the Home | Account | Customer Service |
    Francais buttons...

    It couldn't be an old version of the page, from your temporary internet
    files, could it?

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 2, 2005
  12. Dragon

    Mike G Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:34:53 -0000, "JB"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> No longer free postage hey, does any one think they will go back to free
    >> p&p
    >>
    >> dave
    >>

    >At the risk of opening my mouth and proving I'm stupid, I've just been to
    >their web site and it says " lease note that all Standard carrier orders
    >will be shipped to free of charge:
    >
    >No minimum order... No minimum items... "
    >
    >What makes you say they're no longer doing it free?

    If you click the "Some restrictions apply" link, it says:

    "This Free Shipping offer ends December 31st, 2004."

    --
    Mike

    Mike G, Jan 2, 2005
  13. Dragon

    JB Guest

    "Mike G" <> wrote in message

    > If you click the "Some restrictions apply" link, it says:
    >
    > "This Free Shipping offer ends December 31st, 2004."

    I got it!

    JB, Jan 3, 2005