    for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    , Jul 12, 2005

  2. Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:

    >it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
    be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
    process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
    via check or money order, there's not much about that.

    Impmon, Jul 12, 2005

  3. On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:

    >it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
    before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
    few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
    $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
    discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
    this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
    supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
    last year, but now..... I don't know.

    .. Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jul 12, 2005
  4. Justin Guest

    Impmon wrote on [Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:54:08 -0400]:
    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    > Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
    > be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
    > process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
    > via check or money order, there's not much about that.

    They're not in the US.

    Justin, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Napalm68 Guest

    Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:
    >

    >>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    > Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
    > before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
    > few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
    > $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
    > discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
    > this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
    > supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
    > last year, but now..... I don't know.
    >
    > . Steve ..

    The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff. They are
    cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR SHIT ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.

    Napalm68, Jul 13, 2005
  6. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:48:04 +1000, Napalm68 <>
    wrote:

    >Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:
    >>

    >>>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >>>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >>>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >>>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    >> Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
    >> before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
    >> few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
    >> $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
    >> discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
    >> this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
    >> supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
    >> last year, but now..... I don't know.
    >>
    >> . Steve ..
    >>

    >The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff. They are
    >cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR SHIT ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.

    Well I don't think the language is called for, but I have a suspicion
    they're cancelling orders where the customer's purchase price against
    DVDsoon's acquisition cost would be a loss for them.

    .. Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jul 13, 2005
  7. FAQmeister Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:48:04 +1000, Napalm68 <>
    > wrote:
    >> The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff.
    >> They are cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR SHIT
    >> ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.

    > Well I don't think the language is called for, but I have a suspicion
    > they're cancelling orders where the customer's purchase price against
    > DVDsoon's acquisition cost would be a loss for them.

    DVDsoon is an amoral company with no regard for it's customers. They
    must have a very poor customer retention rate, but apparently some of
    it's customers will always be willing to put up with just about
    anything, as long as they think they are saving a few pennies.

    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    FAQmeister, Jul 13, 2005
  8. >Impmon <> wrote:

    >Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
    >be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
    >process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
    >via check or money order, there's not much about that.

    DVDsoon is in Montreal, Canada.

    Maureen Goldman, Jul 18, 2005
  9. Steve Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
    >>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
    >>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
    >>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

    > Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
    > before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
    > few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
    > $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
    > discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
    > this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
    > supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
    > last year, but now..... I don't know.

    My copy of HAWAII was also cancelled, twice. The first time it took me
    almost 2 months of writing before they credited the payment back to my
    account, as they issued a credit for $0.00.

    When I reordered it the price had increased from $6;95 to $11.95. That
    order has now been cancelled by DVDSoon, along with other DVDs that were on
    order.

    I now have a substantial credit to use on my account, Having had more than
    enough of dealing with this company I decided to apply for the credit to be
    refunded back to my Visa card, only to find that this feature is now
    "temporarily unavailable" on their site.

    I've been told that the site is being revamped, and I'll be able to get a
    refund through their site in approxiamtely 3 weeks time. I very much doubt
    if this will happen. Time will tell.

    After dealing with this company for over a year, and waiting, at times, for
    over 3 months to receive readily available titles, enough is enough.

    If anyone is still considering ordering from this compnay I'd advise you to
    first check out the forums on DVDtalk at:
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430162

    Steve.

    Steve, Aug 6, 2005