    files.

    Thanks,
    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Joe Blow

    What The Guest

    the files must contact the VIDEO_TS folder and all that is usually inside it. you
    select that folder to open and it will look inside to find the DVD structure files.
    IF you only have the VOB files then you will need to use an authoring program to be
    able to make the dvd watchable on your TV.

    What The, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    What The wrote:
    > the files must contact the VIDEO_TS folder and all that is usually inside it. you
    > select that folder to open and it will look inside to find the DVD structure files.
    > IF you only have the VOB files then you will need to use an authoring program to be
    > able to make the dvd watchable on your TV.

    Thanks, but I still can't see how to work it. I have all the necessary
    files (VOB,BUP,IFO), so no re-authoring is necessary. What I'm looking
    for is analogous to the following: with DVDdecrypter, and with a DVD
    *in* my DVD drive, I can right click the files in DVDdecrypter and
    choose "stream processing" and it'll tell me the frame rate (i.e. PAL
    or NTSC). This doesn't seem to work when I don't have an actual DVD in
    the drive.

    I'd like to use DVDshrink, if possible, to load in a directory with all
    the DVD files and to tell me the stream processing. If this is
    indicated by DVDshrink after loading the files, then it's not obvious
    to me. I see no opportunities to right click to extract meaningful
    information. I simply do not see what everybody is talking about when
    they seem to imply it's so easy to get DVDshrink to give the encoding
    information.

    I assume you have DVDshrink in "file" mode. You then open the directory
    containing the VIDEO_TS folder. Then what?

    Note: I am using the most recent version of DVDshrink

    Thanks,
    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Joe Blow

    Biz Guest

    Are you actually looking for the region code, or whether its NTSC or PAL?

    Remember that 9 times out of 10, in my case 10 out of 10, since you have
    already ripped it, it is region free. Every tool I listed was free, so if
    DVDShrink isnt doing what you want try one of teh other 4 or 5 I listed.
    Come to think of it, if you used DVDShrink to rip it in the first place, and
    you didnt use full disk, you probably cant use it to identify NTSC/PAL, or
    region code. So try one of the other free programs. What are you trying to
    do, besides identify NTSC/PAL or region code? If you're ripping these
    yourself, you should pretty much know that info already anyway, you've got
    the DVD right there since you own everything you backup to your PC.

    Biz, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Joe Blow

    Guncho Guest

    I think he already said he doesn't have the DVD.

    Chris
    Guncho, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Joe Blow

    Guncho Guest

    ANd that would mean that HE PIRATED IT ! OMG! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

    Wow someone actually used a computer for what it's pretty much designed
    to do?

    Screw the man!

    Chris
    Guncho, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Biz wrote:

    > Are you actually looking for the region code, or whether its NTSC or PAL?
    >
    > Remember that 9 times out of 10, in my case 10 out of 10, since you have
    > already ripped it, it is region free. Every tool I listed was free, so if
    > DVDShrink isnt doing what you want try one of teh other 4 or 5 I listed.
    > Come to think of it, if you used DVDShrink to rip it in the first place, and
    > you didnt use full disk, you probably cant use it to identify NTSC/PAL, or
    > region code. So try one of the other free programs. What are you trying to
    > do, besides identify NTSC/PAL or region code? If you're ripping these
    > yourself, you should pretty much know that info already anyway, you've got
    > the DVD right there since you own everything you backup to your PC.

    Sorry...I guess I used the wrong terminology. What I want to identify
    is NTSC/PAL. I don't have the DVD and there's nothing illegal going
    on. The original DVD was a recording of a lecture given at a university
    (yes, really). It was given to me as data files on two CDs.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Joe Blow

    Jordan Guest

    It should be easy enough to tell just by the location of the lecture.
    If it was done in the United States or Japan it's highly unlikely to be
    PAL video. If it were done in Europe then it's highly unlikely to be
    NTSC.

    In fact, if the lecture were done in the United States I'll personally
    guarantee that the video was recorded in NTSC.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Jan 25, 2005
  9. Joe Blow

    Joe Blow Guest

    Jordan wrote:

    > It should be easy enough to tell just by the location of the lecture.
    > If it was done in the United States or Japan it's highly unlikely to be
    > PAL video. If it were done in Europe then it's highly unlikely to be
    > NTSC.
    >
    > In fact, if the lecture were done in the United States I'll personally
    > guarantee that the video was recorded in NTSC.
    >
    > - Jordan

    It was delivered by an Englishman.

    In any case, are there any heroes out there who can simply answer this
    question? So far I'd have to conclude that determining NTSC/PAL with
    DVDshrink is impossible.

    JB
    Joe Blow, Jan 26, 2005
  10. On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:20:38 GMT, Joe Blow <>
    wrote:

    >Jordan wrote:
    >
    >> It should be easy enough to tell just by the location of the lecture.
    >> If it was done in the United States or Japan it's highly unlikely to be
    >> PAL video. If it were done in Europe then it's highly unlikely to be
    >> NTSC.
    >>
    >> In fact, if the lecture were done in the United States I'll personally
    >> guarantee that the video was recorded in NTSC.
    >>
    >> - Jordan

    >It was delivered by an Englishman.
    >
    >In any case, are there any heroes out there who can simply answer this
    >question? So far I'd have to conclude that determining NTSC/PAL with
    >DVDshrink is impossible.
    >
    >JB

    Play one of the vobs in Windows Media Player 6.4 (run mplayer32.exe)
    right click the window while playing and check Statistics for the
    frame rate and properties for the size.

    ... Steve ..
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 26, 2005