    drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea what's going on?
    TIA

    KK

    KublaiKhan, Sep 2, 2004

  2. KublaiKhan

    kaydigi Guest

    "KublaiKhan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Somehow DVDShrink is able to use Nero for burning. The process has
    > been very smooth except for one disc where the burning failed (Memorex
    > DVD+RW 2.4x). I tried burning with Nero but it says I need to buy the
    > plug-in for DVD burning. I also have Sonic MyDVD, but it won't let me
    > drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea what's going on?
    > TIA
    >
    > KK

    Use DVD Shrink and turn it into a .iso file and burn it that way.

    kaydigi, Sep 2, 2004

  3. KublaiKhan

    Marv Soloff Guest

    Make sure you have the latest Nero updates.

    Regards,

    Marv

    Marv Soloff, Sep 2, 2004
  4. On 1 Sep 2004, KublaiKhan wrote:

    > Somehow DVDShrink is able to use Nero for burning. The process has
    > been very smooth except for one disc where the burning failed (Memorex
    > DVD+RW 2.4x). I tried burning with Nero but it says I need to buy the
    > plug-in for DVD burning. I also have Sonic MyDVD, but it won't let me
    > drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea what's going on?
    > TIA

    I avoid Memorex as a rule...even no-name blank DVDs are more reliable.

    As for Sonic MyDVD...it came bundled with my Adaptec VideOh card, but I
    can't say it's a great program. It stinks when it comes to compression,
    and I can barely get more than an hour-and-a-half on a disc (unless anyone
    has some tips about using it...I haven't found a way to make MyDVD work
    any better).

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Sep 2, 2004
  5. KublaiKhan

    James Kish Guest

    If you got Sonic MyDVD, then you probably also have 'RecordNow DX' (which is
    Sonic's burn/mastering pgm.. check under your Sonic pgms list to see if it's
    there ) ....
    I got the Sonic software pkg with my burner & use DVDshrink with no problems
    & drag the resultant video/audio folders into RecordNow & burn on all media
    with no problem .... two points, however ...
    1) Only have 1 mastering pgm booting in at one time .... if you have Nero
    and/or other burning pkgs, make sure that those are 'turned off' from the
    bootup by use of msconfig/startup or other means .... it's generally not
    too hard to identify these modules by looking at where they're located ... &
    check that the RecordNow's module (something like 'tfswctrl.exe' ..) is
    booted up ... You can have multiple burning pkgs installed on your PC, but
    only one must be 'active' at any one time or you will have them conflicting
    & none of them may work right ...
    2) As with any mastering pgm, make sure you have latest update .... eg,
    RecordNowDX has been updated from some earlier versions to improve speed
    control & other things ...
    jak

    James Kish, Sep 2, 2004
  6. KublaiKhan

    KublaiKhan Guest

    Stephen Cooke <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 1 Sep 2004, KublaiKhan wrote:
    >
    > > Somehow DVDShrink is able to use Nero for burning. The process has
    > > been very smooth except for one disc where the burning failed (Memorex
    > > DVD+RW 2.4x). I tried burning with Nero but it says I need to buy the
    > > plug-in for DVD burning. I also have Sonic MyDVD, but it won't let me
    > > drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea what's going on?
    > > TIA

    > I avoid Memorex as a rule...even no-name blank DVDs are more reliable.

    Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits them.
    I also have Imation DVD+R which I have seen only at Staples and it has
    been pretty robust. I haven't had any coasters yet. The Memorex discs
    have a life of their own ("Is it Memorex or is it live?")! Avoid them.

    KublaiKhan, Sep 3, 2004
  7. On 3 Sep 2004, KublaiKhan wrote:

    > Stephen Cooke <> wrote:
    > > On 1 Sep 2004, KublaiKhan wrote:
    > >
    > > > Somehow DVDShrink is able to use Nero for burning. The process has
    > > > been very smooth except for one disc where the burning failed (Memorex
    > > > DVD+RW 2.4x). I tried burning with Nero but it says I need to buy the
    > > > plug-in for DVD burning. I also have Sonic MyDVD, but it won't let me
    > > > drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea what's going on?
    > > > TIA

    > > I avoid Memorex as a rule...even no-name blank DVDs are more reliable.
    > >

    > Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    > discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits them.
    > I also have Imation DVD+R which I have seen only at Staples and it has
    > been pretty robust. I haven't had any coasters yet. The Memorex discs
    > have a life of their own ("Is it Memorex or is it live?")! Avoid them.

    I've had good luck with Imation discs too. They'll do in a pinch (there's
    a Staples not far from me) but I prefer to use TDK blanks wherever
    possible.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Sep 3, 2004
  8. KublaiKhan

    Roger Zoul Guest

    KublaiKhan wrote:
    :: Stephen Cooke <> wrote in message
    ::
    ::: On 1 Sep 2004, KublaiKhan wrote:
    :::
    :::: Somehow DVDShrink is able to use Nero for burning. The process has
    :::: been very smooth except for one disc where the burning failed
    :::: (Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x). I tried burning with Nero but it says I
    :::: need to buy the plug-in for DVD burning. I also have Sonic MyDVD,
    :::: but it won't let me drag in the Video_TS or .vob files. Any idea
    :::: what's going on?
    :::: TIA
    :::
    ::: I avoid Memorex as a rule...even no-name blank DVDs are more
    ::: reliable.
    :::
    ::
    ::
    :: Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    :: discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits
    :: them.
    :: I also have Imation DVD+R which I have seen only at Staples and it
    :: has
    :: been pretty robust. I haven't had any coasters yet. The Memorex discs
    :: have a life of their own ("Is it Memorex or is it live?")! Avoid
    :: them.

    Shit. I just bought and opened a stack of 50 yesterday. It cost $40. I
    should have known.

    Roger Zoul, Sep 3, 2004
  9. "Roger Zoul" <> wrote in message

    | :: Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    | :: discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits
    | :: them.

    | Shit. I just bought and opened a stack of 50 yesterday. It cost $40. I
    | should have known.

    Nothing they have produced has been useful since Radio Shack bought the
    company and eliminated the losses - and the quality.

    Neil Morrison, Sep 3, 2004
  10. KublaiKhan

    Jinx Frondie Guest

    > :: Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    > :: discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits
    > :: them.
    > :: I also have Imation DVD+R which I have seen only at Staples and it
    > :: has
    > :: been pretty robust. I haven't had any coasters yet. The Memorex discs
    > :: have a life of their own ("Is it Memorex or is it live?")! Avoid
    > :: them.
    >
    > Shit. I just bought and opened a stack of 50 yesterday. It cost $40. I
    > should have known.

    I've not had a problem with Memorex DVD-Rs.

    Jinx Frondie, Sep 3, 2004
  11. "Jinx Frondie" <> wrote in message
    > > :: Memorex is a POS. Even when I do manage to burn something onto these
    > > :: discs, there are bad patches and the player freezes when it hits
    > > :: them.
    > > :: I also have Imation DVD+R which I have seen only at Staples and it
    > > :: has
    > > :: been pretty robust. I haven't had any coasters yet. The Memorex discs
    > > :: have a life of their own ("Is it Memorex or is it live?")! Avoid
    > > :: them.
    > >
    > > Shit. I just bought and opened a stack of 50 yesterday. It cost $40.

    > > should have known.

    > I've not had a problem with Memorex DVD-Rs.

    although I've always hated their cassettes I've never had any problems with
    their dvd+rs and just bought two spindles today @ office max. steveo

    Steve Mclaughlin, Sep 4, 2004
  12. KublaiKhan

    CaptNemo Guest

    I had a bad batch of 50 dvd-r 4x.
    My most recent spindle had 2 or 3 had burn failures and many frozen
    glitches.
    The spindle before was OK.
    I think I will avoid memorex for awhile.

    CaptNemo, Sep 4, 2004
  13. KublaiKhan

    Bill in Co. Guest

    CaptNemo wrote:
    > I had a bad batch of 50 dvd-r 4x.
    > My most recent spindle had 2 or 3 had burn failures and many frozen
    > glitches.
    > The spindle before was OK.
    > I think I will avoid memorex for awhile.

    No problems with Memorex DVD-r here. Maybe it's some incompatability
    there.

    Bill in Co., Sep 4, 2004
  14. KublaiKhan

    Tarkus Guest

    On 9/3/2004 1:26:25 PM, Jinx Frondie wrote:

    > I've not had a problem with Memorex DVD-Rs.

    And I've had good luck with their DVD+Rs.
    --
    "This is Klahn's bodyguard - he is tough and ruthless.
    This is Klahn's chauffeur - he is rough and toothless."

    Tarkus, Sep 4, 2004