    Of all the blank DVDs on the market, DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs which ones seem to
    make the LEAST amount of coasters.
    Either using them in a DVD recorder or DVD PC burners making DVDs.

    HipOp, Feb 2, 2006

  2. HipOp

    beavis Guest

    In article <>, HipOp
    <> wrote:

    > Of all the blank DVDs on the market, DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs which ones
    > seem to make the LEAST amount of coasters. Either using them in a
    > DVD recorder or DVD PC burners making DVDs.

    Taiyo-Yuden, without question.

    beavis, Feb 2, 2006

  3. HipOp

    beavis Guest

    In article <>, HipOp
    <> wrote:

    > Of all the blank DVDs on the market, DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs which ones
    > seem to make the LEAST amount of coasters. Either using them in a DVD
    > recorder or DVD PC burners making DVDs.

    I don't think I answered your whole question.

    Taiyo-Yuden DVD-R is the best around, in my experience.

    beavis, Feb 2, 2006
  4. HipOp

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:46:43 GMT, beavis <> wrote:

    >In article <>, HipOp
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Of all the blank DVDs on the market, DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs which ones
    >> seem to make the LEAST amount of coasters. Either using them in a DVD
    >> recorder or DVD PC burners making DVDs.

    >I don't think I answered your whole question.
    >
    >Taiyo-Yuden DVD-R is the best around, in my experience.

    I will second that. Be sure to burn the 8x at 8x speed and the 16x at
    12x speed.

    The best bargains on TY are at

    rima.com
    supermediastore.com
    meritline.com

    I recently got 100 lot 8x DVD -R for $32 at Rima. The shipping cost
    was offset by the fact that I did not have to pay 8.25% sales tax or
    pay for the gasoline to go to a local store.

    My final recommendation is that due to the fact that all other makers
    are dumping crap on the market now, you are best advised to buy only
    unbranded TY discs and not burn them at an overspeed if you want
    longevity.

    --

    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
    I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

    Bob, Feb 2, 2006