    recognize it (both data dvds and video dvds)

    It always says there's no disk in the drive, even though there is...

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    da cheet, Jun 19, 2005

  2. da cheet

    NotMe Guest

    da cheet wrote:
    > I'm suddenly having problems with my dvd/cd drive, an Optorite 1250...
    > (dvd r/rw)
    >
    > It reads cds fine, but no matter what DVD I put in there it doesn't
    > recognize it (both data dvds and video dvds)
    >
    > It always says there's no disk in the drive, even though there is...
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks.

    Try removing the DVD player from device manager, reboot and let
    WinDoze[?] reinstall the drivers.

    NotMe

    NotMe, Jun 19, 2005

  3. da cheet

    Guest

    On da cheet <> wrote:

    |>I'm suddenly having problems with my dvd/cd drive, an Optorite 1250...
    |>(dvd r/rw)
    |>
    |>It reads cds fine, but no matter what DVD I put in there it doesn't
    |>recognize it (both data dvds and video dvds)
    |>
    |>It always says there's no disk in the drive, even though there is...
    |>
    |>Any ideas? Thanks.

    When nothing else works, give Forceaspi a try.
    http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

    --
    http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-171.htm

    , Jun 19, 2005
  4. da cheet

    da cheet Guest

    wrote:
    > When nothing else works, give Forceaspi a try.
    > http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

    Hmm, still doesn't recognize DVDs... it did up until this morning.

    I killed/reinstalled my ASPI drivers, as well as uninstalling the drive
    from device manager... and it still won't read any DVDs. CDs are fine.

    Do cds and dvds use different lenses inside the drive? Could it maybe
    be something with the drive itself?

    da cheet, Jun 19, 2005
  5. da cheet

    old jon Guest

    "da cheet" <> wrote in message
    > I'm suddenly having problems with my dvd/cd drive, an Optorite 1250...
    > (dvd r/rw)
    >
    > It reads cds fine, but no matter what DVD I put in there it doesn't
    > recognize it (both data dvds and video dvds)
    >
    > It always says there's no disk in the drive, even though there is...
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks.

    Reinstall\repair your read\write software, it might help. I think Roxio and
    Nero
    switch Win software off. bw..j

    old jon, Jun 19, 2005