    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Grand Inquisitor

    Michael Guest

    Michael, Mar 1, 2004

  3. That's something I miss from the old Laserdisc days. Back then almost every
    LD I watched had the Dolby trailer, and it was fun seeing different ones
    before different movies. Ahh...LDs...
    --
    Charles C. Shyu
    http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

    Charles C. Shyu, Mar 1, 2004
  4. Charles C. Shyu wrote:

    > That's something I miss from the old Laserdisc days. Back then almost every
    > LD I watched had the Dolby trailer, and it was fun seeing different ones
    > before different movies. Ahh...LDs...

    Yeah, LDs faded away just as I was able to afford them, so I never
    actually had a collection or a player, but I followed the market for
    years. I can definitely tell it had more of a collector's feel, with
    the huge packaging and cover artwork, liner notes, etc. Packaging is a
    lost art, most DVD covers are just rehashes of the poster.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Grand Inquisitor

    Steve K. Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    > Packaging is a lost art, most DVD covers are just rehashes of the poster.

    Most DVD's are NOT a rehash of the poster, but ususally a close up of
    the actor's face. I'd rather see the original poster myself. I do agree
    that packaging with the digipack style cardboard is really horrible.
    Steve K., Mar 1, 2004