    don Guest

    When trying to watch a DVD I have good sound but the picture is rather
    distorted..... like tiny squares like a abstract painting............
    don, May 15, 2010

  2. don

    John Holmes Guest

    don "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    This might help: http://theslurps.com

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, May 15, 2010

  3. don

    philo Guest

    On 05/15/2010 04:47 AM, philo wrote:
    > On 05/15/2010 04:10 AM, don wrote:
    >> When trying to watch a DVD I have good sound but the picture is rather
    >> distorted..... like tiny squares like a abstract painting............
    >>

    > excellent
    >
    > those Picasso's can be worth a lot of money!

    BTW:

    now that I've made my dumb little joke...

    what kind of a video card does your machine have?

    You might need a better video card...
    or perhaps it's simply a matter of updating your video drivers.

    Additionally, which application are you using to view the videos?

    Problem could be there

    give VLC a try it will come up an a Google search

    it's free and should play just about any video
    philo, May 15, 2010
  4. don

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2010 04:10:57 -0500, "don" <> wrote:

    >When trying to watch a DVD I have good sound but the picture is rather
    >distorted..... like tiny squares like a abstract painting............

    Sounds like fun. I like Picasso. Where can I get that DVD.
    joevan, May 15, 2010
  5. don

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2010 04:10:57 -0500, don wrote:

    > When trying to watch a DVD I have good sound but the picture is rather
    > distorted..... like tiny squares like a abstract painting............

    I prefer Michaelangelo Frescoes myself.
    Meat Plow, May 15, 2010
  6. don

    chuckcar Guest

    "don" <> wrote in news:hsloeu$3q6$:

    > When trying to watch a DVD I have good sound but the picture is rather
    > distorted..... like tiny squares like a abstract painting............

    Pixelation. Like what happens sometimes when you lose the signal on TV?
    Try uninstalling your DVD program, rebooting and reinstalling it.

    It looks something like this?

    http://www.galaxygoo.org/blogs/ggoo_transform.gif

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )