    If you have DVDs in your possession, you could die any moment from
    heart failure due to the radiation effects from DVDs.

    Once destroyed, DVDs no longer pose any health risks.

    consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer, Sep 14, 2004

  2. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    vnausdal Guest

    The sky is falling, the sky is falling

    vnausdal, Sep 14, 2004

  3. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    John Eckart Guest

    People are prejudice against DVDs now? Next they'll say toilet paper is bad for you.

    John Eckart, Sep 14, 2004
  4. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Head Hunter Guest

    And saliva causes stomach cancer. But only when taken in small doses over a
    LONG period of time.

    I can't believe anyone falls for this crap.

    Head Hunter, Sep 14, 2004
  5. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Head Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > I can't believe anyone falls for this crap.

    I don't believe that anyone actually does.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 14, 2004
  6. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Joe McC Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "Head Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >> I can't believe anyone falls for this crap.

    > I don't believe that anyone actually does.

    I think by saying "I can't believe etc", someone's fell for it.........
    :)

    Joe McC, Sep 15, 2004
  7. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Dragon Guest

    > "Head Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > > I can't believe anyone falls for this crap.

    > I don't believe that anyone actually does.

    except the knobhead who posted it

    ---

    Dragon, Sep 15, 2004
  8. Re: The sky is falling, the sky is falling

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:50:24 GMT, "vnausdal" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> WARNING
    >>
    >> DVD's Kill.
    >>
    >> More than 800,000 people die every year from exposure to DVDs.
    >> DVD's contain a deadly radiation that causes cardiac arrest in humans
    >> and other creatures. DVDs are some of the most dangerous weapons on
    >> Earth.

    Let me guess, you're a lawyer, right?

    Wheresthebabes, Sep 15, 2004
  9. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Jordan Lund Guest

    <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > WARNING
    >
    > DVD's Kill.

    You're on crack:

    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/dvd3.htm

    A DVD is composed of several layers of plastic, totaling about 1.2
    millimeters thick. Each layer is created by injection molding
    polycarbonate plastic. This process forms a disc that has microscopic
    bumps arranged as a single, continuous and extremely long spiral track
    of data. More on the bumps later.

    Once the clear pieces of polycarbonate are formed, a thin reflective
    layer is sputtered onto the disc, covering the bumps. Aluminum is used
    behind the inner layers, but a semi-reflective gold layer is used for
    the outer layers, allowing the laser to focus through the outer and
    onto the inner layers. After all of the layers are made, each one is
    coated with lacquer, squeezed together and cured under infrared light.
    For single-sided discs, the label is silk-screened onto the
    nonreadable side. Double-sided discs are printed only on the
    nonreadable area near the hole in the middle.

    Jordan Lund, Sep 15, 2004
  10. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Jay G. Guest

    "Jordan Lund" <> wrote...
    > <> wrote ...
    > > WARNING
    > >
    > > DVD's Kill.

    > You're on crack:

    FWIW, this post is probably from the same guy who posted a few
    times a false news story saying that a DVD player killed a family
    in Mexico. It may also be the guy who said that DVDs give
    Venereal Diseases.

    The one-note trolls are the saddest.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Sep 16, 2004
  11. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Guest

    "vnausdal" <> wrote in message news:<Q3H1d.1721$>...
    > <> wrote in message
    > > WARNING
    > >
    > > DVD's Kill.

    What about laserdiscs? ;-)

    , Sep 16, 2004
  12. You wont be laughing when you drop dead from your DVD collection !!!!

    .................................................., Sep 16, 2004
  13. consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer

    Joe McC Guest

    > You wont be laughing when you drop dead from your DVD collection !!!!

    Stupid!!! I've collected over 600 by now and they haven't done me any h.....

    Someone phone a doctor!!!!!

    Joe McC, Sep 16, 2004
  14. On 15 Sep 2004 12:04:01 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> WARNING
    >>
    >> DVD's Kill.

    >You're on crack:
    >
    >http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/dvd3.htm
    >
    >A DVD is composed of several layers of plastic, totaling about 1.2
    >millimeters thick. Each layer is created by injection molding
    >polycarbonate plastic. This process forms a disc that has microscopic
    >bumps arranged as a single, continuous and extremely long spiral track
    >of data. More on the bumps later.
    >
    >Once the clear pieces of polycarbonate are formed, a thin reflective
    >layer is sputtered onto the disc, covering the bumps. Aluminum is used
    >behind the inner layers, but a semi-reflective gold layer is used for
    >the outer layers, allowing the laser to focus through the outer and
    >onto the inner layers. After all of the layers are made, each one is
    >coated with lacquer, squeezed together and cured under infrared light.
    >For single-sided discs, the label is silk-screened onto the
    >nonreadable side. Double-sided discs are printed only on the
    >nonreadable area near the hole in the middle.

    Yes, but they neglect to mention the radioactive hazing coat that is
    applied to activate the laser operations. This radioactive material
    has a half life of 10,000 years or more. The DVD has become the means
    to eliminate radioactive waste from nuclear power facilities. Each
    disk contains radioactivity. This article, (which you posted), and
    others like it, never mention this radiation, to avoid alarming
    people. This radioactive material kills, and if you are lucky enough
    to survive, your sexual and reproductive capabilities are diminished
    and eventually destroyed. The radiation from DVDs can travel as far
    as 50 yards. Even your neighbors DVDs can quickly destroy your
    health. The closer they are to your body, the stronger they affect
    your health.

    consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer, Sep 17, 2004
  15. On 15 Sep 2004 12:04:01 -0700, (Jordan Lund)

    consumer.protection.association@unitedstatesofamer, Sep 18, 2004