    Hope the CD/DVD unit isn't faulty
    it's less than 6 months old.

    Russ
    Russell King, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Russell King

    Neck & Red Guest

    "Russell King" <> wrote in message
    news:jv6th.73271$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I WAS able to play DVDs on this HP Pavilion dv5094EA
    > but now they judder.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Perhaps a program running in the background
    > is slowing it down.
    > Hope the CD/DVD unit isn't faulty
    > it's less than 6 months old.

    Yes probably a program. Shut down any unnecessary processes, and check for
    spyware/viruses.
    Neck & Red, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Russell King

    Russell King Guest

    This cured the problem-

    1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click My Computer (My Computer is on the Desktop for versions
    of Windows prior to Windows XP).
    3. Click Properties.
    4. Click the Hardware tab.
    5. Click the Device Manager button (Device Manager is a tab in versions
    of Windows prior to Windows XP).
    6. Click the plus sign ( +) to the left of IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to
    expand this list.
    7. Right-click Secondary IDE Channel.
    8. Click Uninstall (Click Delete for versions of Windows prior to
    Windows XP).
    9. Restart the computer.
    10. Repeat steps 1-7.
    11. Click Properties.
    12. Click the Advanced Settings tab.

    Verify that the transfer modes for both Device 0 and Device 1 are set to
    DMA if available.

    Russell King, Feb 16, 2007