DVDROM/CDRW Drive prob

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex B, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Alex B

    Alex B Guest

    Do you have WinXP? If so, use the system restore function to put it back to
    when the drives were working.

    --
    BOINC Team -
    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=112938

    Alex B, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Alex B

    Kenny Guest

    Delete them from Device Manager and reboot, Windows will find them and
    reload drivers for them. Also look for any problem devices there, in
    particular IDE controllers, if there's anything there reolad Windows "overe
    the top" in Win 98 or Repair in XP. If that doesn't work check the cables
    on both are secure at both ends, if they're on the same IDE cable try
    changing it.

    --

    Kenny

    Morvyn, Jul 17, 2004
  4. If you had some kind of cd recording software installed and you uninstalled
    it then this just might fix your problem. (it list your problem Code 19)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314060&FR=1

    Greg Onyshczak, Jul 17, 2004