    continue?"

    I selected no.

    Was I sent the wrong updates? I got the 610 and 049S upgrades.

    John, Mar 1, 2006

  2. John

    John Guest

    John wrote:
    > Tech support emailed me the new firmware. I noticed the filenames were
    > similar to the Cyberhome 1600.
    >
    > I upgraded the front end. It went fine. On the back end, I got an
    > error. It said "the hardware may not be compatible, do you wish to
    > continue?"
    >
    > I selected no.
    >
    > Was I sent the wrong updates? I got the 610 and 049S upgrades.

    Never mind. The updates were correct. The warning message was only a
    safeguard,. All went well.

    John, Mar 2, 2006

  3. John

    Bob Guest

    On 1 Mar 2006 13:40:01 -0800, "John" <>
    wrote:

    >Tech support emailed me the new firmware. I noticed the filenames were
    >similar to the Cyberhome 1600.

    ILO is a brand name for Cyberhome doing business at WalMart.

    >I upgraded the front end. It went fine. On the back end, I got an
    >error. It said "the hardware may not be compatible, do you wish to
    >continue?"

    >I selected no.
    >
    >Was I sent the wrong updates? I got the 610 and 049S upgrades.

    You chickened out. They put that warning there to test the true
    believers. Next time tell it to load.

    depends on the unreasonable man."

    Bob, Mar 2, 2006
  4. John

    Bob Guest

    On 2 Mar 2006 01:14:12 -0800, "John" <>
    wrote:

    >The warning message was only a safeguard.

    Actually it is a bug. I have installed several updates and not one of
    them has ever put up that message except this one.

    depends on the unreasonable man."

    Bob, Mar 2, 2006
  5. John

    John Guest

    (Bob) wrote in news:440700ec.173372359@news-
    server.houston.rr.com:

    > You chickened out. They put that warning there to test the true
    > believers. Next time tell it to load.

    Better safe than sorry. I'd rather be cautious than end up with a
    misflash. Now I know the real deal, and won't be so skittish in the
    future.

    John, Mar 2, 2006
  6. John

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:20:20 GMT, John <>
    wrote:

    >> You chickened out. They put that warning there to test the true
    >> believers. Next time tell it to load.

    >Better safe than sorry. I'd rather be cautious than end up with a
    >misflash.

    Just take the unit back to WM for a free replacement.

    depends on the unreasonable man."

    Bob, Mar 3, 2006