    any ideas

    thanks
    Michael
    M.Balarama, Feb 24, 2007

  2. M.Balarama

    def456 Guest

    "M.Balarama" <> wrote in message
    news:mOYDh.494$...
    > on my VCR copy to DVD machine-I cannot put a DVD in without it saying disk
    > problem- I have tried 8x instead of 16x, have cleaned it, pulled the plug
    > for a few minutes...no mater what I do I cannot get the DVD -R to be ok...
    >
    > any ideas

    If the VHS tape is copy protected that might cause the machine to balk, so
    try to copy a tape you know for sure isn't protected. Or it could be an
    incompatibility with the brand and type of DVD discs. If you're using DVD-R,
    try DVD+R. Also try a different brand, for example Verbatim is usually
    recommended.
    def456, Feb 24, 2007

  3. M.Balarama

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:26:05 -0600, M.Balarama <> wrote:

    >on my VCR copy to DVD machine-I cannot put a DVD in without it saying disk
    >problem- I have tried 8x instead of 16x, have cleaned it, pulled the plug
    >for a few minutes...no mater what I do I cannot get the DVD -R to be ok...

    Is it only one tape? Can you copy tapes you've previously copied?

    Believe it or not, you may have a dying recorder.
    AZ Nomad, Feb 25, 2007
  4. M.Balarama

    M.Balarama Guest

    Thanks everyone--you ideas figured it out--My amchine just taked dvd+r -got
    the right dvd and I am now worriied about growing a nice front lawn..
    thanks again for all you ideas.
    Michael

    M.Balarama, Feb 25, 2007