DVDPacific: My first order

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Evil, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Evil

    Evil Guest

    I gave up on DVDPlanet a while back and have been looking for an
    online dvd store that was at least comparable in price, speed, and
    service (of the OLD DVDPlanet).

    I decided to try DVDPacific as there's been some positive word and the
    prices seem very good.

    I ordered 6 Ballet dvds on a wednesday. I was really happy b/c Amazon
    discounts ballet dvds only about 10%, but these dvds were discounted
    as much as 43% at DVDPacific. Amazon has free shipping and DVDPlanet
    used to be flat shipping of $3.50, but DVDPacific shipping was about
    $7. not bad.

    I had accidentally chosen a dvd that i didn't really want and so i
    emailed them and asked them to remove it. They responded by the next
    day.

    i really like that you can check your order online. it itemizes the
    order and lists whether it has shipped or not.

    Only 4 dvds were in stock while 1 was on order. I had specified GROUP
    AS ONE for shipping so the 4 dvds were being held.

    I decided that i wanted the 4 dvds now and so i emailed them and asked
    them to ship the 4 and then ship the 1 later when it comes in. They
    responded the next day and my dvds shipped on Fri. I rec'd them (in
    AZ) by Tues.

    So far, i'm very pleased with their customer service, their prices,
    and the speed of their delivery. I hope that their business grows and
    that they do well and that they can maintain this level of service,
    b/c the lesson of DVDPlanet is that the online community will jump off
    ship if your service declines.

    Evil, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Evil

    Beau Guest

    That is excellent to hear!!

    I was contemplating using them myself and after this review I will be for
    sure.

    Beau, Oct 3, 2003