    Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since Sept. 3
    Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are closed up
    Thanks

    Film Buff, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since
    > Sept. 3
    > Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are closed up
    > Thanks

    Our editor is currently on an unplanned leave due to personal reasons.
    We have an interim webmaster posting reviews, but the news updates, box
    office stats and the like are currently not a priority. We hope to be
    back up to full steam as soon as we can.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Film Buff wrote:
    > Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since
    > Sept. 3 Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are
    > closed up Thanks

    Take a look right now. There are new reviews up, including the
    "Star Wars" boxset. So breathe a calm sigh of relief, DVDFile is
    far from gone. :)

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Admin

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Film Buff wrote:

    > Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since Sept. 3
    > Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are closed up

    Read the above-page title header on the current page.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    It says last update 9-17-04

    But the DISC NEWS section still has not been updated since 9-3-04

    I cannot get any news after this

    Their reviews are updated but the disc news section has not been

    Film Buff, Sep 20, 2004
  6. Joshua Zyber wrote:

    >>Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since
    >>Sept. 3
    >>Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are closed up
    >>Thanks

    > Our editor is currently on an unplanned leave due to personal reasons.
    > We have an interim webmaster posting reviews, but the news updates, box
    > office stats and the like are currently not a priority.

    ...."News updates not a priority"?? 0_0

    And, pray tell, what DO we tune into DVDFile twice a day for?

    (I mean, I've had to get updates lately from Digital Bits, and you
    *know* Digital Bits is only for the Rumor Mill page!...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Film Buff

    Zimmy Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Joshua Zyber wrote:
    >
    >>>Has anyone noticed the DVDFILE has not updated their Disc News since
    >>>Sept. 3
    >>>Cannot get any e-mail answer and was just wonder if they are closed up
    >>>Thanks

    >> Our editor is currently on an unplanned leave due to personal reasons. We
    >> have an interim webmaster posting reviews, but the news updates, box
    >> office stats and the like are currently not a priority.

    > ..."News updates not a priority"?? 0_0
    >
    > And, pray tell, what DO we tune into DVDFile twice a day for?
    >
    > (I mean, I've had to get updates lately from Digital Bits, and you *know*
    > Digital Bits is only for the Rumor Mill page!...)
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    The reviews may have slowed, but I bet they are not refusing their free
    DVDs, sorry studios, I can't review these, not a priority.
    I heard the editor cleared up his personal reasons enough to make it to the
    Star Wars event, then all of a sudden, had more personal reasons!

    Zimmy, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Film Buff

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 9/20/04 10:09 AM, in article , "Zimmy"
    <> wrote:

    > "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message

    >>> Our editor is currently on an unplanned leave due to personal reasons. We
    >>> have an interim webmaster posting reviews, but the news updates, box
    >>> office stats and the like are currently not a priority.

    >> ..."News updates not a priority"?? 0_0
    >>
    >> And, pray tell, what DO we tune into DVDFile twice a day for?
    >>
    >> (I mean, I've had to get updates lately from Digital Bits, and you *know*
    >> Digital Bits is only for the Rumor Mill page!...)
    >>
    >> Derek Janssen
    >>

    > The reviews may have slowed, but I bet they are not refusing their free
    > DVDs, sorry studios, I can't review these, not a priority.
    > I heard the editor cleared up his personal reasons enough to make it to the
    > Star Wars event, then all of a sudden, had more personal reasons!

    This was tongue-in-cheek, right? I mean, you aren't really this desperate
    for something - ANYthing - to grouse about, are you?

    Yes. Yes, I think I'll read it that way. Tongue-in-cheek. Definitely. :)

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 20, 2004
  9. Film Buff

    Bill Binder Guest

    Bill Binder, Sep 20, 2004
  10. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    >> Our editor is currently on an unplanned leave due to personal
    >> reasons. We have an interim webmaster posting reviews, but the news
    >> updates, box office stats and the like are currently not a priority.

    > ..."News updates not a priority"?? 0_0
    >
    > And, pray tell, what DO we tune into DVDFile twice a day for?
    >
    > (I mean, I've had to get updates lately from Digital Bits, and you
    > *know* Digital Bits is only for the Rumor Mill page!...)

    Perhaps "not a priority" was the wrong way of putting it. The news
    updates will return, but right now we're trying to sort out other
    issues.

    Hang tight, we'll be back.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 20, 2004
  11. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    > The reviews may have slowed, but I bet they are not refusing their
    > free DVDs, sorry studios, I can't review these, not a priority.

    The reviews are still being written. They just aren't being posted as
    quickly. The current situation has also caused a drop in the number of
    incoming screener discs, so it's not like we're refusing to review
    things that are sent to us. What does come in, we do review.

    This is just a hiccup. Things will return to normal as soon as we are
    able.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 20, 2004
  12. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    The reason this site has slowed down is that Bracke is out trying to promote his book
    and is letting the site go to pot
    He could care less now that he hjas written a bona-fisde book
    From now on I use DIGITAL BITS!!!!

    Film Buff, Sep 20, 2004
  13. Film Buff

    Zimmy Guest

    "Video Flyer" <> wrote in message
    > On 9/20/04 10:09 AM, in article , "Zimmy"
    > <> wrote:

    > This was tongue-in-cheek, right? I mean, you aren't really this desperate
    > for something - ANYthing - to grouse about, are you?
    >
    > Yes. Yes, I think I'll read it that way. Tongue-in-cheek. Definitely. :)
    >
    > Neal
    > --
    > "If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous

    Yes, I was half kidding. I've been going to DVDFile since they started and
    am a big fan of their reviews and reviewers, I just would have liked a
    small "we'll be back soon" bone thrown our way instead of the "twist in the
    wind" we got.

    Joshua, I was just kidding, keep it alive!

    Zimmy, Sep 20, 2004
  14. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, I was half kidding. I've been going to DVDFile since they
    > started and am a big fan of their reviews and reviewers, I just would
    > have liked a small "we'll be back soon" bone thrown our way instead of
    > the "twist in the wind" we got.

    For what it's worth, I agree with you 100%.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 20, 2004
  15. Film Buff wrote:

    > The reason this site has slowed down is that Bracke is out trying to promote his book
    > and is letting the site go to pot
    > He could care less now that he hjas written a bona-fisde book
    > From now on I use DIGITAL BITS!!!!

    (And like *their* webmaster's never pimped a vanity book before...)

    Derek Janssen (so, what IS it with DB's whole "Alien Quadrilogy" fetish
    thing, anyway?...It's kinda creepy)

    Derek Janssen, Sep 20, 2004