    No disc updates since Sept. 3

    I guess Bracke is still trying to push his worthless book - "DVD for Dummies"

    DIGITAL BITS IS NOW NO. 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    MAD, Nov 6, 2004

  2. MAD <> wrote in
    news::

    > Well another site has bit the dust!
    > DVDFILE.COM
    > No disc updates since Sept. 3
    >
    > I guess Bracke is still trying to push his worthless book - "DVD for
    > Dummies"
    >
    > DIGITAL BITS IS NOW NO. 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Humble suggestion: decaf.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Re: DVDFILE.COM IS NO MORE!!!!! NO DISC NEWS SINCE SEPT.3!!!!!SITE IS WORTHLESS!!!!

    Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    > MAD <> wrote in
    >

    >>Well another site has bit the dust!
    >>DVDFILE.COM
    >>No disc updates since Sept. 3
    >>
    >>I guess Bracke is still trying to push his worthless book - "DVD for
    >>Dummies"
    >>
    >>DIGITAL BITS IS NOW NO. 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > Humble suggestion: decaf.

    Now, now, the update clearly says that Peter would be back in
    mid-October, so be patient.

    <checks calendar>

    (...oh, lordy) -_-

    Derek Janssen (they ARE still expecting us to buy that damn book, aren't
    they?)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 6, 2004
  4. MAD

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "MAD" <> wrote in message
    > Well another site has bit the dust!
    > DVDFILE.COM
    > No disc updates since Sept. 3

    Listen, Brent, if you aren't happy you are free to go elsewhere. As a
    matter of fact, please do.

    > I guess Bracke is still trying to push his worthless book - "DVD for
    > Dummies"
    >
    > DIGITAL BITS IS NOW NO. 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Isn't "DVD for Dummies" the actual title of the Digital Bits' worthless
    book?

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 6, 2004
  5. MAD

    FED UP Guest

    Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!

    DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    What Calander do you go by?
    Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    Where the hell is Bracke?????

    FED UP, Nov 7, 2004
  6. MAD

    Phil R. Guest

    "FED UP" <FEDup.net> wrote in message
    > Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!
    >
    > DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    > and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    > What Calander do you go by?
    > Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    > Where the hell is Bracke?????

    Dude... get a fuckin' life.

    --Phil

    Phil R., Nov 7, 2004
  7. > DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    > and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    > What Calander do you go by?
    > Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    > Where the hell is Bracke?????

    People have lives outside the internet. It seems you need to get one too.

    Wesley Mead \('Wezzo'\), Nov 7, 2004
  8. MAD

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!
    >
    > DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    > and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    > What Calander do you go by?
    > Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    > Where the hell is Bracke?????

    Brent, do you work for Digital Bits now? If so, good for you, though I
    feel sorry for Bill Hunt, not realizing what he's getting himself into.
    In any case, why are you wasting your time and ours ranting like this?

    Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL LEAVE,
    jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his recovery is
    taking longer than originally expected.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 7, 2004
  9. MAD

    Biz Guest

    What a jackoff...

    Biz, Nov 7, 2004
  10. MAD

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    >> Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL
    >> LEAVE, jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his
    >> recovery is taking longer than originally expected.

    > Now, y'see...this's called "information". It helps.
    >
    > And not that Digital Bits hasn't had its share of medical leave, but
    > you see the PR results when they actually *TELL* us, the audience, of
    > their running server-delay trials and tribulations. Gets cheap
    > sympathy points, too.

    Derek, I've posted this information in this newsgroup at least 5 times
    previously already. As for why it's not posted on the web site, that's
    because Peter is the one who makes the updates and Peter is the one
    who's having medical problems and can't make any updates.

    Plus, really, it's his own business whether he wants to tell people what
    has happened. Just because Bill Hunt fills you in on every piece of
    minutiae whenever he gets a chest cold or stubs his toe, doesn't mean
    everyone else has to do the same.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 7, 2004
  11. MAD

    Frank Sereno Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "FED UP" <FEDup.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!
    >>
    >>DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    >>and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    >>What Calander do you go by?
    >>Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    >>Where the hell is Bracke?????

    > Brent, do you work for Digital Bits now? If so, good for you, though I
    > feel sorry for Bill Hunt, not realizing what he's getting himself into.
    > In any case, why are you wasting your time and ours ranting like this?
    >
    > Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL LEAVE,
    > jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his recovery is
    > taking longer than originally expected.

    And his illness must be something pretty damn serious if he can't do any
    work from his computer during his recovery. I hope that Mr. Bracke will
    be well soon.

    Frank Sereno, Nov 7, 2004
  12. Re: DVDFILE.COM IS NO MORE!!!!! NO DISC NEWS SINCE SEPT.3!!!!!SITE IS WORTHLESS!!!!

    Joshua Zyber wrote:

    > "FED UP" <FEDup.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!
    >>

    > Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL LEAVE,
    > jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his recovery is
    > taking longer than originally expected.

    Now, y'see...this's called "information". It helps.

    And not that Digital Bits hasn't had its share of medical leave, but you
    see the PR results when they actually *TELL* us, the audience, of their
    running server-delay trials and tribulations. Gets cheap sympathy
    points, too.

    Derek Janssen (live and learn)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 7, 2004
  13. Re: DVDFILE.COM IS NO MORE!!!!! NO DISC NEWS SINCE SEPT.3!!!!!SITE IS WORTHLESS!!!!

    Joshua Zyber wrote:

    >>>Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL
    >>>LEAVE, jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his
    >>>recovery is taking longer than originally expected.

    >>Now, y'see...this's called "information". It helps.
    >>
    >>And not that Digital Bits hasn't had its share of medical leave, but
    >>you see the PR results when they actually *TELL* us, the audience, of
    >>their running server-delay trials and tribulations. Gets cheap
    >>sympathy points, too.

    > Derek, I've posted this information in this newsgroup at least 5 times
    > previously already.

    No, you've posted "Keep your shirt on, he'll be back..."
    The difference, as they say in those weirdo HD-TV ads, is in the details.

    > As for why it's not posted on the web site, that's
    > because Peter is the one who makes the updates and Peter is the one
    > who's having medical problems and can't make any updates.

    (...So, I'm guessing "delegation" isn't really a strong point, here?)

    > Plus, really, it's his own business whether he wants to tell people what
    > has happened. Just because Bill Hunt fills you in on every piece of
    > minutiae whenever he gets a chest cold or stubs his toe, doesn't mean
    > everyone else has to do the same.

    I'll agree that we're not *interested* whether Bill went off to see "The
    Incredibles" that afternoon, and a DVD news site is not a blog--

    However, "The reason we're not getting updates is that our webmaster's
    life is hanging by a thread, so stay tuned to this exciting drama" is
    slightly more postable information.
    Sometimes, creaking those violin strings is the most EFFECTIVE weapon
    against fan torches and pitchforks.

    Derek Janssen (look, you're still dealing with DVDExpress vets, and you
    know there's a button that turns us ugly when pushed)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 7, 2004
  14. MAD

    > No, you've posted "Keep your shirt on, he'll be back..."
    > The difference, as they say in those weirdo HD-TV ads, is in the
    > details.

    10/25/04: "Peter isn't out promoting his book. He's on medical leave"

    http://tinyurl.com/4777y

    There's at least once where I've given the details.

    >> As for why it's not posted on the web site, that's because Peter is
    >> the one who makes the updates and Peter is the one who's having
    >> medical problems and can't make any updates.

    > (...So, I'm guessing "delegation" isn't really a strong point, here?)

    No, he did not make sufficient contingency plans for a situation like
    this. That much is true. As I've said before, this was an unplanned
    situation that is unfortunate for everyone involved. There's no sense
    raising a fuss about it, because there is very little that can be done
    about it now.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 7, 2004
  15. MAD

    Mike Kohary Guest

    FED UP wrote:
    > Well at least Digital Bits IS POSTING New Disc Updates!!
    >
    > DVDFILE hasn't done it since Bracke left on Sept. 3rd
    > and we still get your usual lies - "Bracke willl be back mid-October"
    > What Calander do you go by?
    > Here in the U.S. it is November!!!
    > Where the hell is Bracke?????

    How much do you pay to gain access to the site? Oh, what's that you say?
    Nothing? Then shut your trap and move along. You have no right to expect
    anything from DVDFile.com.

    What a putz.

    Mike Kohary, Nov 8, 2004
  16. MAD

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in
    alt.video.dvd:
    >Not that it's any of your business, but Peter has been on MEDICAL LEAVE,
    >jackass. We were hoping he'd be back in October, but his recovery is
    >taking longer than originally expected.

    This is the first I've ever heard about medical leave.(*) All the
    other times the question was asked -- and I agree it was wearisomely
    repetitive -- all I heard was either denials that the site was
    inactive or yelling at the messenger for daring to criticize an
    inactive site.

    (*) I'm not saying it's never been mentioned; maybe it was and I
    missed. But it can't have been mentioned at all often compared to
    the other sort of response.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

    Stan Brown, Nov 8, 2004
  17. MAD

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > This is the first I've ever heard about medical leave.(*) All the
    > other times the question was asked -- and I agree it was wearisomely
    > repetitive -- all I heard was either denials that the site was
    > inactive or yelling at the messenger for daring to criticize an
    > inactive site.

    You have to understand that this kid, Brent
    (http://profiles.yahoo.com/braveheartdvd007), has not only been a
    nuisance in this newsgroup, but has also been harrassing the staff by
    email. We're a little sick of the twerp.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 8, 2004
  18. MAD

    MAD Guest

    Friends-
    All I am saying is this - and J. Zyber has said it also:
    NO ONE - but the GREAT PETER BRACKE KNOWS HOW TO UPDATE THE SITE!!!!
    and if BRACKE DOES NOT WANT his people updating HIS SITE
    then THE SITE IS DEAD until BRACKE sells his book!!!!!

    MAD, Nov 8, 2004
  19. MAD

    Mike Kohary Guest

    MAD wrote:
    > Friends-
    > All I am saying is this - and J. Zyber has said it also:
    > NO ONE - but the GREAT PETER BRACKE KNOWS HOW TO UPDATE THE SITE!!!!
    > and if BRACKE DOES NOT WANT his people updating HIS SITE
    > then THE SITE IS DEAD until BRACKE sells his book!!!!!

    So? What's your point?

    Mike Kohary, Nov 8, 2004
  20. MAD

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Joshua Zyber wrote:
    >
    >>> This is the first I've ever heard about medical leave.(*) All the
    >>> other times the question was asked -- and I agree it was wearisomely
    >>> repetitive -- all I heard was either denials that the site was
    >>> inactive or yelling at the messenger for daring to criticize an
    >>> inactive site.

    >> You have to understand that this kid, Brent
    >> (http://profiles.yahoo.com/braveheartdvd007), has not only been a
    >> nuisance in this newsgroup, but has also been harrassing the staff by
    >> email. We're a little sick of the twerp.

    > Okay. Just understand that we're sick of him too, but those of us
    > non-twerps on the group have a perfect right to ask WHY THE HECK
    > NOBODY *ELSE* IS DOING THE NEWS UPDATES!!!!

    Out of curiosity's sake, sure. Just don't ask it as if you think you're
    entitled to anything, like Mr. Twerp there did.

    Mike Kohary, Nov 8, 2004